- Salary Offer Salaries and benefits are according to internal SCA salary scale
- Address Taluqan
- Years of Experience 2-3 years of experience, especially in capacity development.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Fixed Term
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM-TRMO 257-22
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Economics, BBA, Political Science, and Social Sciences will be preferred.
- close Date October 6, 2022
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
Scope of work:
Under the guidance of the CDMU Manager. The Capacity Development Officer (CDO) is responsible for contributing to capacity development of all SCA’s target groups among civil society organizations (CSOs) and local government authorities (LGAs) in Afghanistan. The CDO will also work with administration of grants to civil society partners. The post holder works in close collaboration with the programme’s capacity development focal points and other relevant staff at RMO level in implementing the capacity development interventions for civil society and local authority partners, and the Civil Society and Capacity Development Unit (CCU) staff at KMO. S/he reports to CDMU Manager at RMO.
- Facilitate effective capacity development of all SCA’s target groups, with specific focus on organizational development (vision and mission, leadership and management, financial management, human resource management, stakeholder relations, communications and advocacy, mobilization, technology utilization and others).
- Adhere to SCA’s guidelines for capacity development of target groups.
- Support and mentor Programme staff at RMO that works with capacity development of target groups.
- Ensure that SCA’s methods and tools for organizational development of target groups are used correctly by Programme staff at RMOs that work with the target groups (CBOs/CSOs/LGAs).
- Administration, including financial, in relation to capacity development of target groups.
- Monitor progress of capacity development interventions with target groups, following RBM.
- Organize and conduct organizational assessments and capacity development interventions with target groups (CBOs/CSOs/LGAs).
- Contribute to learning and internal and external reporting related to capacity development.
- Promote gender equality and non-discrimination in SCA’s work with capacity development of target groups.
- Administration of grants to civil society partners, including assessment of proposals and reports.
- Monitoring of granted projects to civil society partners.
- Ensure that the Capacity Development Interventions Database (CDID) is updated in timely manner.
- Any other work-related tasks assigned by Manager.
- Take active part in planning, budgeting, and reporting of capacity development activities
- Develop a monitoring system to ensure goals and objectives are achieved within the given timeframe and approved budget.
- Conduct field visits and meetings with CSOs, CBOs, CBE schools and DP/VPECs.
- Facilitating trainings, field visits and preparing activity-based reports on timely manner.
Qualifications and Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Economics, BBA, Political Science, and Social Sciences will be preferred
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English, Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken.
- 2-3 years of experience, especially in capacity development of civil society/government within national/international NGOs or government. Experience from administration of sub-grants an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Supervisory, team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience from facilitation of trainings and coach/mentor partner organizations an asset.
- Familiar with planning, reporting, and budgeting.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience and send your application / CV to the below link:
https://scahris.odoo.com/jobs/announcements/detail/capacity-development-officer-253# Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or interview.
Applications after announcement closing date or Application in hard copy will not be accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.