- Experience At least 3 years of work experience
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Type Not specified
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 210004KI
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date October 23, 2021
- Education Graduated from Education Faculty
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI – Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
The Capacity Building Officer is responsible for preparing training materials, providing training to Provincial Education Directorate Staff social mobilizers and academic supervisors, the incumbent will be responsible for preparing training plans, conduct field visits, produce quality activity reports. Below are the key responsibilities of capacity building officer.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- With support from Field coordinator and Social mobilization officers initiate the training need assessment of provincial and district level DSMS and DAS staff. Analyse the needs and share it with Deputy technical advisor.
- Prepare and share the training delivery plan and procurement plan of learning materials with Field coordinator and Sr. Field Officer.
- Capacity building officers (CBOs) are responsible to deliver high quality trainings to provincial and district DSMS and DAS staff
- Support Provincial and district DSMS and DAS staff in cascading all key trainings to hub school Shuras and SSAs.
- Monitor and provide technical advisory to the work of DSMS and DAS staff on provincial and district level
- Undertake regular supervision visits and assess the impact of training on the learning and development of project beneficiaries, identify training gaps/needs, and or areas of improvement document best practices and lessons learnt.
- Re-Plan for refresher trainings based on identified needs and support monitoring of DSMS and DAS work on Provincial and district level.
- Facilitate and support provincial and district level DSMS and DAS staff to arrange TLCs and Social Audits according to project plan.
- Provide work plan and quality progress reports to field coordinator on bi-weekly and monthly basis.
- Carry out any other relevant task assigned by the line manager.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
- Graduated from Education Faculty
- Very good spoken and written Pashto, Dari – understanding of English language is essential. x
- Able to travel inside Afghanistan/Provinces and related districts, outside of the duty station as and when required.
- A good team player & problem solver.
- Ability to work independently in the field
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Graduated from Education Faculty
- At least 3 years of work experience in capacity development areas, Academic supervision, psychosocial support and or Training of Trainers (ToTs) preferably with international NGOs.
- Good working skills on computer (Microsoft office).
- Good communication and inter personal relation skills. Excellent in report writing.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system