- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience Fresh
- Number of Vacancies: 1000
- Contract Duration Not Specified
- Contract Type Not Specified
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference DAI/AVCP-2023-054
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education High School
- close Date September 30, 2024
Afghanistan Value Chains Program (AVCP), a USAID-funded program implemented by DAI Global, LLC (DAI), supports the expansion of sustainable agriculture-led economic growth across Afghanistan. AVCP achieves this goal through the support of anchor firms in the livestock and crops value chains. AVCP partners with and supports anchor firms through a market systems development approach, implemented through ‘Deal Notes’ which are co-designed agreements that respond to critical constraints while driving project outcomes. In implementing Deal Notes, AVCP works almost exclusively with agribusinesses and key value chain stakeholders to increase sales, investment, and productivity, among other key indicators. The growth of the anchor firms promotes the efficiency, profitability, and strengthening of the value chains with a direct and positive impact on rural economies, households, and livelihoods.
The AVCP focuses its interventions on key value chain leverage points, such as input suppliers or traders linked to large wholesalers, processors, and farmer associations. In doing so, AVCP will accomplish the following fundamental sub-purposes:
Sub-Purpose 1: Increased Productivity and Stability of Value Chains
Sub-Purpose 2: Improved Commercial Viability and Operational Efficiency of Agribusinesses
Sub-Purpose 3: Engage Afghan Women in Agriculture
Sub-Purpose 4: Climate Change Mitigation and Resiliency Strengthened
AVCP is seeking women apprentices to partake in a short-term apprenticeship program This program aims to aid small and medium-sized enterprises, as well as large businesses, across multiple sectors such as dairy, honey, saffron, and carpet, in addressing their requirement for a more proficient workforce. The program specifically targets women apprentices who are keen on enhancing their skill set.
Duties & Responsibilities
These apprentices will be assigned to an apprenticeship program with one of AVCP’s partner firms, where they will acquire a new skill and contribute to the production of AVCP’s partner firms. Throughout the duration of their work, apprentices will receive a modest stipend.
- Possession of a valid National Identification Card (Tazkira)
- Unblemished record as per the restricted parties screening process (visual compliance)
- The applicant should be a female candidate and 18+ years of age.
- Commitment to new learning and practical work opportunities
- High level of commitment, motivation, and interest in crops or livestock value chains
To express interest in the apprenticeship program, please submit a cover letter that details your interest and region to AVCP_apprenticeship@dai.com Please be sure to include details regarding your province in the subject of the email to be considered for placement with one of AVCP’s partner firms. In submitting your application, you understand that additional requests for information and/or participating in a screening interview do not constitute an offer for apprenticeship placement or a guarantee of employment.