- Salary Offer As Per Organization Scale
- Address Jalalabad
- Years of Experience At least two (2) years of relevant work experience, preferably with experience in training and/or teaching adults.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Regular -base
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 1024
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Undergraduate degree, specialized training, computer & software system use. first work experience or internship. Capacity to process transactions or services.
- close Date August 15, 2022
About women for women international:
About women for women international:
In countries affected by conflict and war, Women for Women International (WfWI) supports the most marginalized women to earn and save money, improve health and well-being, influence decisions in their home and community and connect to networks for support. By utilizing skills, knowledge, and resources, she is able to create sustainable change for herself, her family, and community.
Since 1993, Women for Women International (WfWI) has helped nearly 447,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We directly work with women in eight countries (including Afghanistan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iraq, Kosovo, Nigeria, Rwanda and South Sudan.), offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.
Plan, develop and deliver training on basic business skills to groups of Women for Women program participants. Assess the educational level and literacy of the women and deliver material that is appropriate and applicable to the vocational training that will follow. Collaborate with the Life Skills, Numeracy and Vocational Skills trainers to plan course material, schedule participants, synthesize material and maximize training results. Work closely with and assist the Income Generation Officer and the Monitoring and Evaluation team to coordinate, plan and prepare training, assess and update training materials and tools and collect data from the participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Deliver basic business skills training in accordance with established training curriculum and program guidelines – business basics training (two sessions); Entrepreneurship (one session); planning ahead (two sessions); Selling (two sessions); Bookkeeping (two sessions); Financing Your Business (two sessions).
2. Review current business skills training curriculum in view of the particular needs of women in South Sudan and prepare lesson plans that are appropriate and applicable.
3. Assist with gathering feedback on courses and assessing training material and tools.
4. Assist with reviewing and modifying lesson plans to improve upon training curriculum as needed.
5. Collaborate with SE Trainers on scheduling to ensure that all participants receive the full cycle of basic business skills training courses.
6. Assess training material needs, take stock/inventory and ensure training equipment and tools needed are readily available.
7. Communicate with local leaders or other local partners involved in business activities throughout the community.
8. Meet with colleagues to share techniques, strategies, success stories, difficult cases, supplemental materials, etc.
9. Maintain daily attendance records of participants and provide to supervisor.
10. Contact participants who do not attend sessions if needed to determine whether they should be dismissed from the program.
11. Recommend women for dismissal from the program according to organizational guidelines
12. Gather data on participants as needed and provide regular reports to the Income Generation Officer.
13. Record information about training sessions in trainer journal – including session topics, reactions to material, challenges and other relevant issues.
Other Duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Undergraduate degree, specialized training, computer & software system use. first work experience or internship. Capacity to process transactions or services.
· At least two (2) years of relevant work experience, preferably with experience in training and/or teaching adults.
· Must be knowledgeable of business practices in the local area and capable of providing proper advice and guidance.
· Must be attuned to the particular situation and needs of the women in the program so as to give proper advice.
· Good administrative and organizational skills.
· Good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a team.
· Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email.
· Fluency in local language required; English language skills an advantage.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter, with clear vacancy number/title in the subject line, via email to Afghanistanjobs@womenforwomen.org
The deadline for submission is August 15th, 2022, Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In order to apply for any vacancy at Women for Women International, the title, vacancy number and location should have mentioned clearly in the subject line of your email else the application will be ignored automatically by the system.