- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 5 - 10 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Long-term
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 002/2024
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Master's Degree
- close Date March 10, 2024
About Afghanistan Cricket Board
Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) is the sole independent governing body for managing, organizing and development of Cricket (Men and Women) in Afghanistan. The game of cricket was officially established in 1995 in Afghanistan. It was granted affiliate membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001, associate membership of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in 2003 and full membership of International Cricket Council in June 2017. Afghanistan has its National Cricket Teams playing among top 10 cricketing countries of the world.
The Business Development Coordinator is responsible for aiding the business development team in identifying, qualifying, and pursuing new business opportunities. This role involves conducting market research, generating leads, coordinating meetings, and maintaining relationships with both potential and active sponsors. This position is charged with developing marketing materials, proposals, and presentations to pitch to potential clients. Additionally, the business developer is responsible for tracking sales progress, analyzing data, and preparing reports to monitor the effectiveness of business development efforts.
The Business Development Coordinator will directly report to Commercial Department Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designing and writing Techno-commercial proposals.
- Analyzing and expanding business operations toward sustained growth.
- Maintaining well researched contents about ACB national team performance and achievements.
- Designing, launching and evaluating leads generating campaigns on digital media like LinkedIn.
- Monitoring revenue streams and identifying opportunities to increase profitability.
- Developing client relationships and strengthening industry partnerships.
- Developing and maintaining a tracker of all proposals sent, responded and contracted.
- Maintaining proactive attitude towards upcoming cricket events in the pipelines.
- Maintaining a tracker for available, contracted and under negotiation sponsorship opportunities for all types of cricket events.
- Identifying new clients by researching and creating networking opportunities.
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Negotiate opportunity terms and conditions with clients and communicate with stakeholders
- Monitor project teams to ensure contracts commercial terms are executed as agreed
- Gather useful information from customer and competitor data
- Make and give presentations to prospective clients and internal executives
- Create and implement processes and policies to support the overall business
- Track, identify and add qualified prospects to sales pipeline
- Develop and manage strategic partnerships to grow business
- Track and report on the status of proposal components
- Conduct ongoing market research
- Work with the ACB relevant department to create rights tariff structure
- Drive the end-to-end sales process
- Analyze current and past financial data, such as sales reports, and provide strategies to cut costs and increase revenue
- Perform market research to identify new opportunities and engage with executives to establish strategies for pursuing those new opportunities
- Prepare the company budget and continually track expenses, as well as make sure commercial department is on track to hit revenue targets
- Provide training and mentoring to members of the business development team
- Develop a growth strategy focused both on financial gain and customer satisfaction
- The role also involve event participation to oversee the commercial agreement execution and acquire for sponsors feedback
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience in a development role with Master’s degree in business management preferably with specializations in marketing and/or business innovation
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or a relevant role
- Previous role in a leadership position
- An understanding of how to interpret P&L, Earnings, and Inventory reports
- Robust interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel in order to see clients, explore new markets and attend conventions
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Professional and technical working skills with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Multi linguistic .i.e. English, Dari, Pashto
Interested candidates should submit their applications via e-mail, indicating in the subject line the title and vacancy number of the position (Business Development Coordinator 002/2024) to the below email address.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted for the written test & interview.