- Salary Offer As per UNICEF salary skill
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 364 days
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 557373
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date December 1, 2022
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Passion!
How can you make a difference?
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks:
Contract Processing (Specialized):
- Conduct quality checks of the contractual documentation submitted by all Sections in the Division for engaging individual and consultant contracts, ensuring compliance with organizational rules and procedures.
- Create and release (S1) Purchase Orders in VISION for individual and consultant contracts.
- Monitor utilization of contractual budget and contractual status (open POs) through system generated reports.
- Ensure timely closure of POs.
Budget Monitoring and Reporting:
- Maintain and monitor section(s) budget through system generated reports and keep sections informed with updated budget status.
- Issue FCs and FRs as requested by Sections; monitor utilization and ensure timely closure of commitments.
- Alert sections on expiring funds/grants at least two months in advance.
- Provide support and/or guidance to Admin Assistants using available tools for budget monitoring and reporting.
- Bring to the Supervisor and/or Section Chief’s attention on issues requiring follow-up actions.
Financial and Accounting:
- Review invoices for goods and services rendered by consultant/vendors, process reimbursements requests for staff in conformity with financial rules.
- Ensure timely submission of payment requests to GSSC, ensuring correct budget codes and other pertinent details.
- Preparation of JVs for budget adjustments and reversals.
- Monitors expenditure against the previous year open commitments and ensure timely closure of commitment documents.
- Support year-end closure of activities.
- Review and monitor monthly SharePoints activities and initiate necessary action to close open items.
- Assist in the preparation of Divisional Asset Management and Reporting.
- Create AMR Number.
- Monitor open TAs and follow-up with Admin Assistants to close them in VISION.
- Act as backup to other Budget Associates during their absence.
- Perform additional tasks as required by the Supervisor and Section Chief.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- A minimum of six years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint; knowledge of integrated management information systems required.
- In-depth knowledge of UNICEF organizational structure, budget, administrative policies and procedures.
- Organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals and to provide guidance to more junior support staff.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships(2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness(3)Drive to achieve results for impact(4)Innovates and embraces change(5) Manages ambiguity and complexity(6)Thinks and acts strategically(7)Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic. We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements. UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
UNICEF’s active commitment towards diversity and inclusion is critical to deliver the best results for children. For this position, eligible and suitable female candidates are encouraged to apply.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Issuance of a visa by the host country of the duty station, which will be facilitated by UNICEF, is required for IP positions. Appointments are also subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Advertised: Afghanistan Standard Time
Deadline: Afghanistan Standard Time