- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 4 - 6 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Not specified
- Contract Type Permanent
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AWCC/HR/22/VA/032
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- close Date May 21, 2022
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
BSS technician’s responsibility is to assist the BSS engineering team with the overall O&M and rollout project of the Radio Access Network.
Duties & Responsibilities:
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installation and commissioning of the Siemens, NSN Flexi BTS.
- Installation of Huawei DBS 3900 system for Kandahar region.
- Troubleshooting by the instructions from BSS managers.
- Carry on the preemptive maintenance work in a timely manner.
- Handling the spare as well as the faulty equipment.
- Preparing the reports of the faulty equipment returned from the sites and submitting that to the concerned department.
SUPERVISORY TASKS (IF REQUIRED):
- Supervise and instruct the BSS technicians on the installation of the BSS equipment on sites.
- Properly instruct the rigger team to isolate the fault in the preemptive maintenance phase.
- Responsible for monitoring and rectification of physical alarms while visiting BTS/HUB sites.
- Project management for BTS installation on site.
- Handling the BTS software and LMT software for local maintenance.
- Configure and implement various BTS topologies according to the planning.
- Alarm monitoring and analyzing.
- Fault isolation and rectification of BTS, Power Rack, Battery Bank, and DDF.
- Integration of external/ environmental alarm monitoring devices with BTS/BSC.
- Handling the swapping activities from the remote site end.
- Working in response to the customer complaint about different locations.
- Interact with NOC engineers and provide the technical solution for alarm rectification.
PLANNING AND REPORTING
- Planning for the preemptive maintenance for all NE site-by-site basis.
- Prepare and submit reports of day-to-day activities to the BSS managers.
TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING
1. Conduct job training for the BSS technicians and riggers.
- Coordinating with the rigger team to manage the BTS installation phase in a proper manner.
- Working with the power team to arrange the required power connection for all BSS equipment.
- Coordination work with Microwave transmission team for integration of NE with BSC.
EXTERNAL AGENCIES RELATIONS
- Need to communicate with the third-party transport company to get the location update of inbound equipment.
- Need to work with other departments at various times to get the work done in a proper and timely manner.
- B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronics, Computer Science & Engineering, Telecommunication, or related subject area from a well-known reputed University with a minimum of 4 years experience in Telecom service provider as a BSS Engineer.
- Hardworking and willing to do the work outside in harsh conditions.
- Willing to travel to the remote part of the country.
- Eager to stay in provinces/regions for the sack of work activities.
- Self-motivated and eager to learn new technologies.
- Experience with installation and BTS commissioning.
- Have the basic knowledge of Transmission equipment and power system on site.
- The interested candidates should fill and submit the APPLICATION FORM with complete and correct information. To have access to the APPLICATION FORM, please copy and paste the link into your Web Browser.