- Salary Offer As per company salary scale
- Years of Experience 3 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration Permanent
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AUB/HR/024-018
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree
- close Date March 1, 2024
About Afghan United Bank
Afghan United Bank is a full-fledged privately owned commercial bank incorporated on October 4, 2007. The Bank obtained its banking license under the Banking Laws of Afghanistan from the Central Bank of Afghanistan (DA Afghanistan Bank) and received incorporation license from Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA). The Bank is currently operating through 34 branches and 13 booths in Kabul and other big cities of Afghanistan. The bank is offering financial products and services in both Conventional and Islamic Banking across these branches.
AUB is strengthened with the most professional bankers of the region and driven by the strategic goals set out by its Board of Management and Supervisory Board, the Bank has invested in the state of the art core banking system, Flex cube, in order to provide its customers with an extensive range of products and services. For more information kindly visit: www.aub.af or www.afghanunitedbank.com.
The Branch Manager is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full service branch office, including operations, lending, marketing, customer service and security & safety in accordance with the Bank’s objectives/policies. The Branch Manager is ultimately responsible for the profitability and productivity of the branch.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides a superior level of customer relations and promotes the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation.
- Achieves individual and branch goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships.
- Creates a friendly environment in the branch that keeps customers and employees happy, and keeps the business and deposit base growing.
- Conducts performance evaluation of the branch staff and provide them regular feed-back in order to improve staff’s skills and capabilities.
- Gives merit to an employee who has done a big contribution in deposit, sales and operation in order for others to follow the example.
- Sets and follows standards and professionalism for keeping the customers satisfied.
- Handles the cases of customer complaints which have been escalated from the Branch Operation Manager.
- Conducts daily sales and operation assessments and monitors every transaction made in the branch.
- Makes sure that the price of the products or services offered by the branch is competitive and in line with management directives.
- Sends reports to the Branches General Manager and provides updates of the business status.
- Controls and reports branch losses, such as loss resulting from incidents such as clerical error or forgery.
- Participates in community affairs as representative of the Bank and to increase the Bank’s visibility and to enhance new and existing business opportunities.
- In charge of the sanitation and promotes cleanliness in the office.
- Performs other tasks related to business management whenever required.
- University degree, preferably in Business Management field.
- At least 3 years experience in managerial level.
- Past managerial experience in Banking will be an advantage.
- Needs to be a leader, a problem-solver and be goal-oriented.
- Ability to analyze and improve processes.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer literacy.
- Professional and innovative.
- Persuasiveness and disciplined.
Interested candidates who deem themselves suitable for this vacancy can share their complete profile including (application letter, updated CV, national identity card – tazkera/passport and recent photo) electronically to below mentioned email and please indicate the vacancy number (AUB/HR/024-018) in the subject line of your email otherwise your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates who have completed the requirements of the vacancy will be called for further selection process.