- Salary Offer according to SCA salary
- Years of Experience Have 02- 04 years relevant experience, especially within an NGO or similar organization in operating Braille Embosser Machin, thermoformed Machin, and printer. Having full command of Braille writing, reading and operating of the Braille Embosser and rela
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration project based
- Contract Type Project Based
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/KMO 149 -22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Minimum grade 12 with a certificate in Braille Writing, a university degree in education is preferable.
- close Date November 29, 2022
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is slightly over 7,386.During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Education Programme is one of the largest SCA Programmes whose operational areas are present in 14 Provinces and 71 Districts of Afghanistan. Its operational bases are distributed in five SCA Regional Offices namely, Wardak Regional Management Office (WRMO), Jalalabad Regional Management Office (JRMO), Ghazni Regional Management Office (GRMO), Mazar Regional Management Office (MRMO), and Takhar Regional Management Office (TRMO) which includes Kunduz Liaison Office (KLO). Each Regional Office has an Education Project which managed by Education Project Manager. The Programme works closely with the Government’s Ministry of Education at National, Provincial and District levels.
The main focus of Education Programme is Community Based Education (CBE. Community Based Education is a general term that encompasses all forms of learning such as in primary education (Grades 1-9), coaching classes, Kuchi education, and youth education all at community level. Community Based Schools are learning centres normally established right at the community level with a direct community involvement. The purpose of CBE is to supplement the provision of education to children in the rural areas where the government has not been able to reach. The Education Programme strives to provide quality education services through systematic teacher training and delivery of school learning materials. The programme adopts a rights-based approach, gender equity and equality and promotion of girls’ education.
Since January 2015, the Programme embraced inclusive education to create access to education for children with disabilities and other marginalized children from education. This Job Description defines the line of duty in terms of general responsibilities and technical tasks for the Braille Resource Room Operator based in the Kabul Management office. The Braille Resource Room Operator is responsible for providing Braille textbooks and audiobooks for the mainstreamed children with disability in mainstream school, CBE and those children with disability who are under preparatory education in PEC, PERC, VPEC and HBE.
- To read the normal textbooks and the Braille Resource Room Operator will type in to braille.
- To write normal textbooks and other education-related materials (Dari and Pashto) and convert them into Braille text.
- Copy the printed Braille textbooks and other learning materials by Thermoform machine.
- Binding of Braille books and other educational materials.
- Have a proper plan for the distribution of the Braille textbook and audiobooks in the dizzy player to RMOs.
- Providing low-vision textbooks for low-vision mainstreamed children with disability.
- To provide Braille textbooks and audiobooks for all mainstream children with disability and those children who are under preparatory education in PEC, PERC, VPEC and HBE.
- To provide Supplementary learning materials in Braille for all mainstream children with disability and those children who are under preparatory education in PEC, PERC, VPEC and HBE.
- Provide technical support to the field staff for using the Braille textbooks and audio books.
- Keep updated record of all distributed Braille textbooks and audio books in their office.
- Monitor inclusive education activities (PECs and mainstream school) in the field, at least 5% of the time should be in the field.
- In liaison with the Inclusive Education Training Officer, identify the needed equipment and materials that may be required for children with disabilities in mainstream school and PEC. Such equipment may include Taylor frames, styluses, Braille paper, low vision devices, charts, and white canes for orientation and mobility for visually impaired children among others.
- Properly distribute of the recorded learning materials and school textbooks in MP3, dizzy player and Cassatas to the mainstreamed children with disability and children with a disability under preparatory education.
- Minimum grade 12 with a certificate in Braille Writing, a university degree in education is preferable.
- Have 02- 04 years relevant experience, especially within an NGO or similar organization in operating Braille Embosser Machin, thermoformed Machin, and printer.
- Having full command of Braille writing, reading and operating of the Braille Embosser and related software.
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto both written and spoken.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA environment.
- Honest, proactive and well-mannered.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV through APPLY below link.
- Academic certificates or references need not be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline are not accepted.
- SCA is committed to ethical standards and a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
- Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.