- Salary Offer NTA
- Experience Preferred: Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience, or bachelor’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience.
- Number of Vacancies 5
- Contract Duration One Year
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference ALASP/C-109
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date August 10, 2021
- Education Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Economics, or any other relevant discipline,
About Ministry of urban development and land:
Based on 107 decree dated 1397/9/10 of President of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Afghanistan Land Authority was merged with Ministry of Urban Development and Housing under the name of “Ministry of Urban Development and Land” (MUDL) wherein deputy ministry of land was established under ministry.
The Afghanistan Land Administration Project (ALASP) is designed within a programmatic framework, considering the land administration challenges faced by the country. These challenges create the need to build over time a clearer and comprehensive policy and legal enabling framework, institutional and technical capacity, professional knowledge and experience, technology, and systems, as well as adequate Cadastre and property registry information. Drawing on the overall framework of the IDPL, the project will focus on critical building blocks required to develop a modern land administration system in the country, while allowing MUDL and other relevant stakeholders, including municipalities and local communities, to gain experience in implementing land survey, registration and other land-market-related activities in two of the IDPL’s selected cities, namely Kabul and Herat. Moreover, building upon the work led by UN Habitat, the project will support the issuance of land Occupancy Certificates (OCs) to informal urban population ensuring a systematic approach to land tenure rights. Emphasizing modern technological approaches and global good practices suitable to the Afghan context, subsequent phases would help expand systematic land survey and registration to other urban, and eventually rural areas, as MUDL capacity is strengthened at the provincial level and new land policies and laws are made operational. This would further help decentralize land administration services and build citizens’ trust at the local level. In addition, the transition from deed to title registration will continue as well as the development of national capacity for land survey and valuation. Subsequently, the Land Information System (LIS) would be made fully interoperable with other relevant information systems in the country, leading in time to the eventual establishment of a National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI).
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent shall undertake the following responsibilities under direct supervision of the OC Provincial Manager and will be responsible for the following:
- Develop detail guidance note for beneficiary’s identification and OC issuance process.
- Jointly work and oversee the committee assigned for identifying of beneficiaries of the property document.
- Oversee the identification of eligible occupier in accordance with the OC regulation.
- Approve and signing the identification form of eligible OC beneficiaries.
- Support team assigned for identifying of the land types and ensure the OC regulation fully and fairly applied during the identification process.
- Develop and disseminate list of eligible OC beneficiaries to all relevant entities including PRUIS directorate and provincial departments of PRUIS.
- Establish coordination and working relationship with other parts of the relevant directorate.
- Ensure the OC are distributed in timely manner after ensuring the process of OC issuance is completed considering the OC regulation and relevant national laws.
- Participate in the beneficiary identification process, oversea conflict resolution process under OC
- Ensure Bank invoices are printed, distributed, and paid on timely manner.
- Obtaining the list of beneficiaries of the OC from the BI committee.
- Registration of OC in the registration book,
- Collection information about spouse (s) and extra partners of land occupiers.
- Ensure the occupiers on state land register their partners for OC to ensure full implementation of the OC regulation provisions.
- Distribution of printed OC to the occupier based on OC guideline.
- Review the relevant laws, regulations, and procedures to ensure the relevant provisions are fully and fairly implemented. Support the district level officer in collecting and submitting the OC issuance required documents.
- Review data collection from field at Nahia and Gozar level.
- Support other team in establishing the public review process, receiving complaints, addressing, and referring them to the relevant departments.
- Ensure the functionality of ALASP GRM system and help desks at provincial level.
- Ensure that issues/bottlenecks preventing progress of the OC Issuance are reported on timely manure for the senior management attention.
- Work closely with Civil Servant teams, build their capacity in the related fields, work towards a transition plan before the end of contract and submit to civil servant team.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports and submit to the district officer.
Any other tasks as per requirements and assigned line managers
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree Business Administration, Economics, or any other relevant discipline,
- Preferred: Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant experience, or bachelor’s degree with 4 years of relevant experience.
- Conflict Management Skills
- Ability to cope well under pressure, work irregular hours and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver assignments in a timely manner often under severe time pressures.
- Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving Skills
- Communication Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Fluent in Pashto/Dari
Fluent oral and written skills in English
Qualified and interested Afghan nationals are requested to send their application, including a LETTER OF INTEREST plus PROFISSIONAL CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please mention the POSITION AND VACANCY NUMBER in your email subject and in your cover letter, OTHERWISE the application will not be accepted.
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates who meet the above criteria will be contacted for the written test or interview.
Female Candidates are Highly Encouraged to Apply.