- Salary Offer As per NTA Salary Scale Grade D/Step (1-5)
- Years of Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 Year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference COMAC-4843
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree
- close Date May 21, 2022
About Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC):
Blumont’s Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC) program provides comprehensive victims’ assistance (VA) to Afghan families suffering from military operations by delivering direct and indirect assistance, building the capacity of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA), advocacy, and outreach.
To build a sustainable base for VA in Afghanistan, COMAC focuses on building the capacity of GIRoA, especially MoLSAMD’s Martyrs and Disabled Division (MDD), as the main governmental entity for VA services while also addressing the broader challenges of collecting and managing data, national- and provincial-level stakeholder coordination, resource mobilization, enacting rights-based legislation and policies, and the systemic inclusion of victims and mainstreaming VA across sectors and programs. Capacity building efforts include participatory capacity assessments and workshops, reinforcing knowledge transfer for sustainability, coordinating with relevant service providers, and institutionalizing capacity building for the future. Together, these efforts touch on individual, organizational, and institutional levels.
Essential Job Functions:
- Engage with local government officials, community leaders and civil society organizations to arrange access for COMAC field teams to injured victims and affected families.
- Assist COMAC field teams to confirm reported incidents at the direction of the Regional Director.
- Assist COMAC field teams to identify the victims of verified incidents so they can be registered in COMAC’s Incident Management System (IMS).
- Assist COMAC staff in determining victims’ eligibility for COMAC assistance.
- Assist COMAC field teams in conducting household visits to determine the appropriate type and amount of victim’s assistance to provide eligible victims and their affected families.
- Assist with the timely and efficient provision of assistance to beneficiaries.
- Other duties as assigned by the Regional Director.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Eco business administration, social science or any related field.
- 5 years of relevant experience interacting with Afghan government officials and local leaders in politically sensitive environments required.
- Experience working in remote rural areas required.
- Experience working across Central Afghanistan including districts predominantly populated by minority ethnic groups preferred.
- Ability to travel as part of a COMAC field team to local districts across Central Afghanistan required.
- Ability to be based with a COMAC field team for up to two weeks in a provincial capital outside Kabul required.
- Previous work experience within the structures of or in support of the Government of Afghanistan at the national and/or provincial level is preferred.
- Previous experience working with international organizations and/or non-governmental organizations required.
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Ability to use smart devices such as smartphones to complete electronic forms required.
- Ability to read and write Pashto and Dari preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work directly with Afghan government counterparts and local leaders.
- Strong communication skills in Pashto and/or Dari.
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment.
- Excellent decision making and negotiation skills.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.
- Good adaptability and ability to work under extreme pressure.
- High level of integrity, independence and initiative.
- This position will have expected travel up to 70% to Bamyan, Daikundi, Ghazni, Kabul, Kapisa, Khost, Logar, Maidan-Wardak, Parwan, Paktika, Paktya and Panjshir.
Interested applicant are highly encouraged to apply for this position by filling the online application form and upload their cover letters and CVs through the following link:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Female candidates and People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply