- Salary Offer According to Organization Salary Scale
- Experience At least 6 years of experience of electrical servicing and maintenance.
- Number of Vacancies 1
- Contract Duration Ongoing ICA - Open - Ended - subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance
- Contract Type Permanent
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference VA/2021/B5014/22139
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period Unspecified
- Close Date July 31, 2021
- Education A High school diploma is the minimum requirement for this role. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 2 years of relevant professional or related field, preferred. A Masters Degree in Engineering, or Project Management or other relevant dis
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
- Purpose and Scope of Assignment
Under the overall guidance and direction of the Project Manager, Kabul Security Cluster and Lead Quality Engineer of RSHQ, the Associate Electrical Engineer provides support to Kabul City Green Zone and Enhanced Security Zone checkpoints by conducting site inspections, analysis and reporting, servicing, and ad-hoc repairs and maintenance of electrical systems, power supplies and distribution networks, including, but not limited to, generators and voltage regulators.
The Associate Electrical Engineer will primarily work in and around Kabul City and may be required to work nights and/or weekends
Specific responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the timely completion of various supporting QA/QC activities according to approved work plans, specified quality standards and development needs for electrical installations.
- Assist with the control and appraise work progress, review contractor work plans and provide recommendations to the KSF Project Manager on ways to overcome issues, challenges and needs as related to electrical installations.
- Provide support with quality control reviews and prepare related reports for the design and installation of electrical works as required and facilitate the compilation of input for Monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist in the establishment of quality procedures, including time limits for inspection, sampling and testing for electrical works and materials.
- Establish and maintain scheduled servicing of core electrical installations and oversee contractor compliance with such schedules.
- Provide Rapid troubleshooting for reported electrical issues across the checkpoint network.
- Provide emergency repairs to power supply and distribution systems as required.
- Support the Project Manager for electrical based solutions for procurement processes.
- Provide technical input and assist Procurement with all contractual matters for the completion of contracts with electrical installation components.
- Review contractor practices and conventional methodologies for electrical installations and make recommendations where remedial action is required
- Check accuracy of outputs produced in compliance with established quality standards.
- Recommend assistance to contractors to ensure the most economical and appropriate quality material and methods are utilised for electrical installations.
- Plan for health, Safety and environmental management in coordination with the programme and Country Office teams.
- Ensure UNOPS standards of Health and Safety and environmental management across all project locations are systematically applied at all times.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager and Lead Quality Engineer.
- A High school diploma is the minimum requirement for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 2 years of relevant professional or related field, preferred.
- A Masters Degree in Engineering, or Project Management or other relevant disciplines is preferred
- At least 6 years of experience of electrical servicing and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Local Authorities in Kabul desired (not required)
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, reporting and coordination in either UN, International NGOs, Public or Private sector organizations is desirable.
- Previous experience in mentoring and training counterparts is desired
- Proven organisational, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Office and a google suite are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect colleagues must be capable to work as part of a team.
- Flexible and responsive to emergency situations.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Working knowledge of English, both written and spoken. Able to communicate fluently and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to speak/read/write Dari and/or Pashto would be advantageous.
Submission Guidelines: ACBAR
Please click on the below link for actual vacancy announcement to see the complete details and submission guideline as this is only an attempt for attracting female applicants for gender parity in organization. Please make sure you fill your profile/application properly with all relevant details in order to be considered for the next stage of recruitment/selection.