- Salary Offer AFN35000 - AFN40000 monthly
- Years of Experience 2 - 3 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 8 month
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference RW-CO-008-2023
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree
- close Date January 28, 2023
About Islamic Relief Worldwide
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Project Coordinator and Area SC & Service Officer the incumbent undertakes the following duties:
Duties & Responsibilities
· Provide administrative support to the project and Administration Department as required.
· Make sure to be up to date on the status of key projects, tasks.
· Develop and maintain filing systems including records management, supplies management, and all relevant project services.
· Prepare time sheet for all project staff.
· Maintain and update the leave track for the staff.
· Coordinate and arrange office facilities for seminars, workshops and trainings.
· Printing, photocopying, program materials, program data and record keeping.
· Assist and Coordinate with Project Coordinator & Area SC & Service Officer in Booking of Hotels when required.
· Prepare, maintain and keep filed all transport related documents for the project.
· Follow the Islamic Relief procurement procedures, coordinate and purchase food and nonfood items on time for the project.
· Assisting the Project Coordinator in documentation process and procurement for the project.
· Registering the purchase requisitions in the books of purchase. Procure all requested purchases in a timely manner by working closely with Project Coordinator.
· Prepare purchase requisitions and process it for approval.
· Receive locally purchased goods, verifying receipt and follow upon back ordered items.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, Business Administration, or any other relevant field with a through practical understanding of Logistics/procurement principles and techniques.
- 2 -3 years’ work experience in the relevant field.
· Strong Organizational, Coordination, supervisory, and problem-solving skills, and proven ability to work in Poultry project.
· Strong budget management and reporting, skills; and an ability to oversee multiple awards from a variety of donors
· Strong written and oral communication skills, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, and effective in representation
· Able to respond rapidly to changing environments and work under pressure
· Fluency in English required; knowledge of Dari and Pashtu preferred
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
· Effective IT skills including word processing and spreadsheet.
· Good interpersonal skills with ability to travel field based on need.
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following link:
The closing date for accepting applications is 28 January 2023.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.