- Years of Experience 1 years of experience in Bachelor’s degree or studies in engineering/procurement/administration is considered as a plus Previous experience in procurement/admin related issues is considered as a plus.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 22-Political Affairs-UNAMA-187091-J-Kabul (M)
- Gender Only Female
- Nationality Afghan & Forein
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Secondary education
- close Date August 9, 2022
Mission and objectives
UNAMA was established in 2002 as a Political/ Peacebuilding Mission, exceptionally) directed and supported by the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO).
1. Process and deliver procurement cases in an effective, efficient, and timely manner in support of Mission mandate. 2. Enhance partnerships with Procurement clients (internal and external); develop and maintain systematic engagement of internal and external clients to ensure that parties to Contracts (vendors & UN) fulfill their obligations
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Procurement Officer/Procurement Officer, the National UN Youth Volunteer will:
- Maintain a tracking system for Shopping Carts received.
- Update and track the status of Cases with respective Buyers.
- Track requests for Tender Opening Committee (TOC) and Technical Evaluation reports from respective parties.
- Monitor delivery of goods and payments to vendors.
- Retrieve monitoring reports, in accordance with established timelines and procedures.
- Assists in the preparation of tender documents.
- Process payment methods of vendors and contractors in coordination with KJSO – Vendors Unit.
- Assists in the negotiation of leases with landlords/landowners in Kabul and in the regions.
- Archive procurement solicitation, Purchase Orders, contract file, Committee on Contracts and other correspondences and carry out the proper handover of archived documents to the Information Management Unit (IMU), maintain a record of archived documents for easy retrieval and future reference.
Age: 18 – 26
Candidate must be a national or legal resident of the country of assignment.
1 years of experience in Bachelor’s degree or studies in engineering/procurement/administration is considered as a plus Previous experience in procurement/admin related issues is considered as a plus.
Area(s) of expertise
Procurement and contracting
English, Level: Working knowledge, Required
Required education level
Competencies and values
- Professionalism: demonstrated understanding of operations relevant to UNAMA; technical capabilities or knowledge relevant or transferrable to UNAMA procedures and rules; discretion, political sensitivity, diplomacy and tact to deal with clients; ability to apply good judgement; ability to liaise and coordinate with a range of different actors, especially in senior positions; where appropriate, high degree of autonomy, personal initiative and ability to take ownership; resourcefulness and willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently under established procedures; ability to manage information objectively, accurately and confidentially; responsive and client-oriented;
- Integrity: demonstrate the values and ethical standards of the UN and UNAMA in daily activities and behaviours while acting without consideration of personal gains; resist undue political pressure in decision-making; stand by decisions that are in the organization’s interest even if they are unpopular; take prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behaviour; does not abuse power or authority;
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; excellent interpersonal skills; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and harmonious working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, mixed-gender environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity; sensitivity and adaptability to culture, gender, religion, nationality and age; commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of UN operations; ability to achieve common goals and provide guidance or training to colleagues;
- Commitment to continuous learning: initiative and willingness to learn new skills and stay abreast of new developments in area of expertise; ability to adapt to changes in work environment.
- Planning and organizing: effective organizational and problem-solving skills and ability to manage a large volume of work in an efficient and timely manner; ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor (own) work; ability to work under pressure, with conflicting deadlines, and to handle multiple concurrent projects/activities;
- Communication: proven interpersonal skills; good spoken and written communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and concise reports; ability to conduct presentations, articulate options and positions concisely; ability to make and defend recommendations; ability to communicate and empathize with staff (including national staff), military personnel, volunteers, counterparts and local interlocutors coming from very diverse backgrounds; capacity to transfer information and knowledge to a wide range of different target groups;
- Flexibility: adaptability and ability to live and work in potentially hazardous and remote conditions, involving physical hardship and little comfort; to operate independently in austere environments for protracted periods; willingness to travel within the area of operations and to transfer to other duty stations within the area of operations as necessary;
- Genuine commitment towards the principles of voluntary engagement, which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards UNAMA’s mission and vision, as well as to the UN Core Values.
Living conditions and remarks
The duration of your assignment is indicated above with the possibility of extension subject to availability of funding, operational necessity and satisfactory performance. However, there is no expectation of renewal of the assignment. Travel to duty station (if applicable) and an Entry allowance will be provided in the event the duty station is not within commuting distance from the place of recruitment. The applicable Volunteer Living Allowance is provided monthly to cover housing, utilities, and normal cost of living expenses. Life, health and permanent disability insurance are included) and final repatriation (if applicable). Furthermore, in non-family duty stations that belong to hardship categories D or E, as classified by the ICSC, a Well-Being Differential (WBD) on a monthly basis will be provided.
United Nations Volunteers is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of UNV, all UN Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other status.
Note on Covid-19 vaccination requirements
Selected candidates for certain occupational groups may be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) in line with the applicable host entity policy