- Years of Experience With relevant bachelor’s degree, a minimum of two (2) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of geospatial information (e.g., geospatial information applications, geospatial database management, geospatial analysis, cartography and map
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One (1) Year
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 216205
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent) in geospatial information science, cartography, geography or other disciplines that involve geospatial information related programmes is required. A first-level university degree in combination wi
- close Date October 17, 2023
UNAMA is a political mission that provides political good offices in Afghanistan; works with and supports the people of Afghanistan; supports the process of peace and reconciliation; monitors and promotes human rights and the protection of civilians in armed conflict; promotes good governance; and encourages regional cooperation. UNAMA was established by the UN Security Council Resolution 1401 in March 2002 at the request of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Learn more about the mandate of the mission at http://unama.unmissions.org/
This position is located in Field Technology Section of the United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA), Kabul. The Assistant Geospatial Information Officer will work under the overall guidance and supervision of Chief Field Technology Section.
For details, please visit https://careers.un.org or click on UN Careers
UNAMA Job Openings (vacancy announcements) has been fully transitioned to Inspira online portal.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through Inspira portal by creating your job applications (Admin/Candidate profiles) and online application for below Job Openings.
Offline Applications through P.11 and email will no longer be accepted.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through Inspira portal by creating your job applications (Admin/Candidate profiles) and online application.