- Salary Offer 200 USD per worked day (including mahram cost, medical, medical insurance, communication, perdiem, accommodation cost where IRC guesthouses are not available and income tax per Afghanistan government law)
- Experience 2-3 years relevant
- Number of Vacancies 3
- Contract Duration 39 Days
- Contract Type Fixed-Term
- Required Languages Pashto, Dari, English
- Reference 23690
- Gender Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Extension Possibility Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Close Date January 21, 2022
- Education Bachelor Degree Holder
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 9 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 500 staff.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To assist the Senior Gender Consultant in research on women’s organizations for the Gender in Humanitarian Action (GIHA) Working Group co-led by IRC and UN Women.
This is a short-term position (from 15 Feb to 31 March 2022) to carry out activities to identify and research individuals and organizations that can contribute to humanitarian activities for women across Afghanistan. The research will be carried out in Kabul and different provinces over a period of 6 weeks.
The assistant consultants will contact and discuss with individuals and organizations as well as travel to different provinces to conduct interviews and focus group discussions. The information collected will be treated as confidential and stored in a database kept solely for the use of GIHA and its members.
The assistant consultant will work with respect and always follow IRC rules and policies.
- Assist Senior Gender Consultant in developing the tools, translating of the tools in local languages.
- Contact, interview and compile notes on individuals and different organizations by phone and face-to-face,
- Enter relevant data in a standard format on the computer.
- Prepare and plan travel and meetings in different provinces with participants for interviews and focus group discussions,
- Conduct focus group discussions,
- Compile information and reports in local languages and translate them into English
- Work on any other related tasks assigned by the line manager.
- 2 to3 years’ work experience in similar positions (UN, NGO, private companies etc)
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Social Sciences, Psycho-social or similar fields
- Experience in facilitation/communication activities
- Able to handle sensitive information and confidential data
- Ability to travel to provinces Excellent interpersonal and representational skills.
- Good communication and report writing skills are essential.
- Strongly support gender balance and gender-oriented
- Remains productive when under pressure.
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work.
- Flexibility and proven team player with the ability to cultivate and maintain good working relationships with colleagues
- Good analytical skills and sound judgment
- Computer skills: MS Office package and Internet.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and knowledge of local languages is essential.
Note: The Assistant Gender Consultant will require to travel to the north, west, east, south, and central region of the country per the decision of the Senior Gender Consultant. Applicants are required to have Mahram during traveling to provinces during 39 days of consultancy.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office – Kabul, Street No.3 Qala e Fathullah District 10, Beside the Fatima Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline