- Salary Offer According to ACTED's Salary Scale
- Years of Experience At least 3 years of relevant working experience in humanitarian or development settings, through either research, evaluation, assessments, or programs;
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 6 Months (Extendable)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference KBL_116
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Excellent academic qualifications, including a Master's or Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (international studies, development, economics, political or social sciences, humanitarian response, monitoring, and evaluation, etc)
- close Date August 16, 2022
About ACTED and REACH Initiative:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential.
ACTED manages several initiatives, including the REACH Initiative. REACH’s purpose is to provide granular data, timely information, and in-depth analysis to support the humanitarian community’s decision-making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction, and development contexts. The work of the REACH Initiative directly feeds into aid response and decision-making by providing accessible and precise information on the humanitarian situation of crisis-affected populations.
REACH Initiative has been present in Afghanistan since 2016, providing a growing evidence base for humanitarian response planning through sectoral, multi-sectoral, and area-based assessments as well as information management services. ACTED/REACH Afghanistan is looking for an Assessment Officer to be part of the Cash and Markets REACH team.
Anyone employed by or working for ACTED shall commit to acting according to ACTED’s Code of Conduct, which outlines the expected behavior of ACTED teams. To ensure that funds are used exclusively for humanitarian purposes and in accordance with donors’ compliance requirements, all job/internship/volunteering offers are subject to the condition that potential staff names do not appear on anti-terrorism lists, in line with ACTED’s anti-terrorism policy. To this end, your data shall be automatically processed.”
ACTED is looking for a Cash and Markets Assessment Officer (C&M AO), who will be part of REACH’s Cash and Markets team, working primarily on the Joint-Market-Monitoring Initiative (JMMI).
The Afghanistan Joint Market Monitoring Initiative (JMMI) was launched by the Afghanistan Cash and Voucher Working Group (CVWG) and partners, in collaboration with REACH Initiative (REACH), and funded by the European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO). It is implemented through partners’ data collection, as a joint effort to align, harmonize, and streamline existing partner data collection for analysis. The AO’s role, with the support of the C&M Senior AO and the dedicated project officer, entails overall coordination and support to 20 international and national partner NGOs, as well as the management of the overall assessment cycle (including updating research design regularly, updating the tool when needed through coordination with partners and LL workshops, managing data, producing monthly factsheets, and disseminating products to the CVWG’s partners and external stakeholders upon request).
According to the needs of the team and new opportunities that might be emerging, the C&M AO might also work on livelihood and economy-focussed projects.
This position sits within REACH’s Programmatic and Accountability Research Unit (PARU), which provides technical and programmatic support to clusters and working groups with a sectoral focus, primarily, Cash and Markets and Shelter.
The ideal candidate will be eager to work in a dynamic, high-paced organization with opportunities to build upon existing data analysis and technical as well as communication skills. Technical backstopping and support is provided by Senior Cash and Markets Assessment Officer and the IMPACT Geneva HQ team. Past experience in the aforementioned areas is not essential although highly desirable. At minimum, experience with the subject matter, familiarity with the development and/or humanitarian sector, quantitative analysis skills, and effective communication skills are required.
Under the line-management of the Senior Assessment Officer, the Assessment Officer will contribute specifically to the JMMI project (although he/she might be expected to support across the Cash & Market portfolio), participating in the tool design, partner coordination, data analysis, and outputs production for the relevant research cycles. Functions will include, but will not be limited to:
- Research Design, Analysis, and Output Production
- Participation in designing the tools associated with the JMMI project, including the drafting of Processes and Procedures;
- In coordination with data team, field teams, and external stakeholders, develop qualitative and quantitative tools;
- In coordination with the data team, design data analysis plans to analyse all data collection and consolidate all analyses and conclusions from assigned assessments;
- Develop accurate assessment outputs using Microsoft and Adobe software, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided in both technical factsheets and detailed written reports.
- Engagement with international HQ on research design, tool development, data analysis, product production, and external coordination.
- Team Work and Coordination
- Coordination with Assessment, Data, and Operations departments on the project implementation and delays;
- Train partners on the data collection tools;
- Provide updates at unit coordination meetings as needed;
- Supporting the Senior Assessment Officer in the development or revision of the project tool, report preparation, other required tasks.
- External Engagement
- Coordination with JMMI partners and the CVWG as needed;
The Assessment Officer will maintain the strictest confidentiality on all data collected and related processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of any information and data belonging to ACTED and its partners, or collected during his/her assignment with ACTED.
- Excellent academic qualifications, including a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (international studies, development, economics, political or social sciences, humanitarian response, monitoring, and evaluation, etc)
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience in humanitarian or development settings, through either research, evaluation, assessments, or programs
- Previous experience with cash and markets program implementation or assessments in humanitarian contexts
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Experience in managing field studies or quantitative or qualitative assessments
- Previous experience in survey and tool design
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience in analysing either quantitative and/or qualitative data for analysis
- Proven knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated capacity in written fluency in English writing detailed narrative reports using qualitative and quantitative data
- Excellent ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe InDesign Software for output production
- Prior field experience required
- Written and spoken fluency in English required
- Ability to multitask with tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a part of the team
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Ability to operate in a complex and challenging security environment
- Previous experience with remote coordination/ management
- Advanced skills in SPSS and/or R, STATA or other statistical analysis software are considered an asset
- Knowledge of qualitative assessments, methodologies, and analysis and related analytical software (e.g. NVivo) is considered as an asset
Knowledge and experience with GIS software are considered an asset
Those who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria should send their updated CV & Cover letter to the below submission Email: email@example.com
Kindly mention the Vacancy Number, Position Title along with province name in the subject line of your email or your application may not be considered.
Please, do not send heavy size documents (i.e. Tazkira, Education documents, work certificates)
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the next stage of recruitment.
No CV will be considered after the closing date.