- Salary Offer As per NTA salary scale,
- Address Helmand
- Years of Experience 5 years
- Number of Vacancies: 12
- Contract Duration 18 months (3 month probationary)
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AREP-HR-408
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor degree in agriculture, preferably in agronomy and horticulture
- close Date August 13, 2022
About Afghanistan Rehabilitation and Education Program (AREP):
AREP is an independent non-governmental, non-profit Afghan national organization that was established in 1994 and registered with the Ministry of Economy in 2005. AREP’s learning experience as a development organization comes from its working association with communities in different areas of Afghanistan. More importantly, the development and growth of the organization have been through an evolutionary process. Besides AREP is a member of Education International (EI), Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief and Development (ACBAR), Afghan NGOs Coordination Bureau (ANCB) and DUKE OF EDINBURGH’S (The International Award for Young People) AREP is also one of the few Afghan NGOs certified by the Afghan Institute of Civil Society (AICS) in 2018.
AREP is working for women, youths, and children where disability is the top priority among the AREP three targeted groups in three main AREP core competencies/ technical expertise, a): EDUCATION (Formal and Informal education, b): CAPACITY BUILDING [Vocational Education Skills Trainings, Awareness Initiatives (Civic Education, Human Rights, Anti-Corruptions, Access to Justice, Peace Building & Conflict Resolution) and other training for aforementioned target groups] & c): COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT providing them assistance in the multi-cultural program, government and community dialog, peace building and Rehabilitation & Small Infrastructure) throughout Afghanistan.
- Assisting the project team including the project coordinator and social organizer in village selection in the targeted districts, areas affected by agricultural disasters.
- Provision of training on wheat cultivation package cultivation/agronomic practices to beneficiaries – using appropriate IEC materials and Sensitization and training on the adoption of COVID-safety practices at the household level, during agricultural/other livelihood activities and when in public spaces/markets offered to stakeholders.
- Building the technical capacity of district and provincial DAILs and sub-committees on best agronomy tools and techniques.
- Linking the sub-committees with local DAIL authority for future cooperation.
- Maintaining strong coordination and consultations with local DAIL authorities from start to end of the project.
- Coordination of the project activities with local stakeholders including sub-committees, CDCs, DAIL and other district-level authorities.
- Collecting information about project targeted beneficiaries and receiving their consent for sharing and using their information.
- To educate the community elders about project objectives and ensure them that they are working for their benefit and wellbeing.
- To arrange a conducive environment for all stakeholders to oversee the implementation from community selection to closure of the project.
- Contribution to data entry of all the required data in KOBO software.
- Selection of a safe and secured area for distribution of the agricultural inputs under the project.
- Supporting the project coordinator and all other project stakeholders while monitoring the project’s targeted areas.
- Facilitation of distribution for the pre-selected beneficiaries within the targeted districts.
- Produce success stories/case studies and share them with the education department through the Project officer or field coordinator.
- Producing initial reports of the activities and sharing these reports in a timely manner.
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in the preparation of monthly, quarterly result-based progressive reports on the relevant activities.
- Preparing and coordinating daily plans and activities that contribute to the objectives of the project.
- Appropriately planning for visibility of AREP activities in the field.
- To perform any other task assigned by the supervisor/top management
Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, preferably in agronomy and horticulture.
Reasonable computer knowledge with typing skills and knowledge of KOBO application.
Minimum 5 years of work experience in the agriculture sector preferably in agricultural emergency projects with an international.
Strong command of Pashto and Dari and preferably working knowledge of English.
Excellent organizational skills related to data and document management and to managing a variety of tasks and demands to meet deadlines in a responsible and flexible manner.
Working experience in the targeted districts, priority would be given to candidates who are from and currently living within the targeted districts
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes (CV) with a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than August 13, 2022, to email@example.com
Please clearly indicate “Agriculturists” in the subject line of the email.