- Salary Offer As per Organization Salary scale
- Address Bamian
- Years of Experience More than 5 years of professional (practical) experience in rangeland management.
- Number of Vacancies: 2
- Contract Duration December, 2022
- Contract Type Short Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference Agriculture Officer-Bamyan-843
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension No
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, rangeland management or environmental science.
- close Date July 15, 2022
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
About ActionAid Afghanistan:
ActionAid is a global alliance of organizations, working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. We work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led development, working through partnerships with people living in poverty and their organizations. We work with the poor and excluded sections of the society using human rights-based development approach. Our Country Strategy for Afghanistan titled ‘PEOPLE’S POWER FOR INCLUSIVE ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT AND SOCIAL JUSTICE’ for the period 2018-2022 focuses on improving resilient food security and advancing grassroots democratic governance among, other strategic priorities, wherein women and girls’ needs are central to all our work.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the Agriculture officer will implement the project at the community level. She/he will closely work with field staff and project beneficiaries in Yakawlang district of Bamyan province. Impart regular visits to farmers in the field, provide technical Agriculture management training to project farmers, distribution Agriculture inputs to strengthen the livelihoods of food insecure farming families affected by recent drought. She/he will also provide support to the Project Coordinator in compiling monthly and quarterly Progress Reports.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Job Responsibilities 01: Program Management and staff Management :
Agriculture officer will serve as:
District level agriculture officer who will shoulder the responsibilities of community mobilization, help project management in Establishment of rangeland management association, capacity building Plan, mobilize communities for physical work in targeted area.
• Play key role in start off of the project with a transparent community selection process and share results with
line manager at district/ provincial level.
• Identify rangeland users, source of existing and possible conflicts over rangeland use and its dividers and connectors also provide daily report to line manager on possible ways to mitigate the risk of existing and possible conflicts over rangeland use.
• Through contact with community level influential, lead community level meetings, explain the project objectives, activities, expected outcomes and impacts to community people including influential, I-Mams, Livestock owners, Land owners including women and men and sign community level contracts.
• Map community priorities and identify community leaders through community/ catchment level assessments, share the proper data with line manager and help line manager in decision making.
• Facilitate community level meetings to identify catchment level priorities.
Rangeland Physical Work:
• Help project construction engineer to implement construction work in arrangement management.
• Manage non-construction work of rangeland management through active participation of community rangeland users and government relevant employees.
• Technically support project operation manager in procurement of project inputs especially those required for rangeland management.
• Support project operation manager in transparent wages management which will undertake as result of canals construction, contours, trenches and other relevant activities at rangeland level.
Job Responsibilities 02: Monitoring & Impact Assessment:
- Ensure that the Agriculture officer produces 1 – 2 success stories during every quarter of the project;
- Document key challenges faced and lessons learned every quarter.
Job Responsibilities 03: Reporting & Communication:
- Attend relevant meetings at district level and in some cases provincial meetings and provide report to line manager.
- Closely coordinate project activities with district level Agriculture department and other government and non-governmental organizations at district level.
- Study grazing patterns to determine number and kind of livestock that can be most profitably grazed and to determine the best grazing seasons.
- Manage social organizers to help you in community mobilization, establishment of committee through proper and locally accepted approaches.
- Undertake any other duties as and when required by the line manager and/or overview manager.
Job Responsibilities 04: Capacity Building and networking :
- Conduct the training for staff and other related sectors.
- Conduct training for women group of Home Gardening at community level .
Education & Training:
Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, rangeland management or environmental science.
More than 5 years of professional (practical) experience in rangeland management.
Technical Skills :
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) essential
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Writing skills in English /Dari
- Excellent reporting and communication skills
If you have the expertise to take on this exciting opportunity, please apply online by sending your CV and motivation cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 15th, 2022. Please clearly indicate Agriculture Officer-Bamyan-843 in the subject of your email, otherwise your application will not be considered. ActionAid Afghanistan will review the applications on an ongoing basis; thus, applicants are strongly advised to make applications at the earliest.
ActionAid Afghanistan welcomes applications from all sections of the community and promotes diversity. Although all applications will be considered on their individual merit, suitably qualified women candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. Should you not have received feedback on your application within two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. ActionAid Afghanistan will not consider unsolicited candidates from recruitment agencies. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.