- Salary Offer n/A
- Years of Experience 2 years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Type Not Specified
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference AF-Int-31-2022
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelors
- close Date November 30, 2022
About American University of Afghanistan:
Founded in 2006, the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit, nationally-accredited university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We are a dynamic university with a student population of over 1,000 students.
The AUAF’s Academic Affairs Office is seeking qualified candidates for full-time positions as an Administrative Assistant.
The Academic Affairs Department is accepting applications for Administrative Assistant. Applicants with previous administrative experience at tertiary educational institutions or international organizations are welcome to apply. As the language of instruction at AUAF is English, all candidates must have excellent English language communication skills. This is a full-time contractual position for one year. It is renewable upon mutual agreement. This position is contingent on renewed USAID funding to AUAF.
- Work closely with the Academic Affairs Department team on day-to-day operations
- Carry out administrative duties
- Prepare and distribute correspondence memos, letters, forms and emails
- Plan and manage events
- Assist in semester preparations
- Design announcements, flyer and posters for events
- Assemble, compile and edit data and records
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Take accurate minutes of meetings
- Assist in preparing and processing Purchase Requests
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Photocopy and print out documents for and on behalf of colleagues
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Follow written and oral instructions
- Establish effective work relationships
- Perform other duties as required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Reporting skills
- Administrative writing skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Operating with Word Processing and Spreadsheet Software
- Poster designing skills
- Problem solving
- Stationary supply management
- Verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 2 years of experience in Business Administration, Computer Science or any related fields.
- Related work experience in Qatar is an advantage.
- Preference will be given to AUAF graduates or former employees.
- Candidates with good communication skills in both English and Arabic are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency in Design Software.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
To apply for this position, please send as a single PDF document which includes: a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV), and contact information for three references to email@example.com . Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Please include AF-Int-31-2022- Administrative Assistant in the subject line of the e-mail. Applications in languages other than English will not be reviewed. Please be advised that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees. AUAF does not charge recruitment fees to applicants. AUAF is an equal-opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. AUAF follows a strict non-discriminatory policy in its selection and employment practices. All applicants will receive equal consideration, and applicants from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.