- Salary Offer Salary and Benefits are according to Internal SCA salary scale
- Years of Experience • 3-4 years relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organisation.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration The position is Fixed term
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/MRMO 95-22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education • Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in related professional field.
- close Date November 30, 2022
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is over 6,000. During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
Scope of work:
The Admin Officer is responsible to provide efficient and timely services to maintain and oversee the facilities of MRMO offices/PRC. The position also requires overseeing the Children Nursery at MRMO which involves, provision of food items to children, maintenance of the nursery building and managing the work of caretakers/teachers.
The Admin Officer is reporting to Admin Manager of RMOs.
- Responsible to maintain the MRMO guest house, Nursery and office buildings.
- Purchasing food items and managing payments of cooks of MRMO and controlling the quality and price of purchased items for MRMO Kitchen as well as arranging special lunch and refreshment for workshops and trainings.
- Oversee the work of cleaners, tea person, cooks, Gardener both at the office as well as at the guesthouse and Nursery.
- Booking rooms for KMO and RMOs staff and visitors at MRMO guest house.
- Arrangement of workshops, food and refreshment for official meetings and workshop.
- Managing the lunchroom services at MRMO, ensuring good quality food for staff and visitor are prepared; Additionally, hygiene issues are considered and enforced in the lunchroom.
- Preparing invoices, summery sheet for food bills and other facilities related procurements.
- The Administration officer is responsible to oversee the smooth running of the child nursery at MRMO. The job requires provision of food items for children, maintenance of the building and overseeing the work of the teachers.
- Quality assurance of teaching method at Nursery if possible arranging trainings for the teachers in coordination with Human Resources Unit.
- Responsible for attending to asset transfer requests from one location to another.
- Close coordination with warehouse and logistic units.
- Responsible for Managing stationary stock, records, and database.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in related professional field.
- 3-4 years relevant experience, especially within an NGO, UN agencies or similar organisation.
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Supervisory, team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting, and budgeting
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to through the link below:
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline is not accepted.
SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.