- Salary Offer according to SCA salary
- Years of Experience 3-4 years’ relevant experience, especially within NGOs, UN agencies or similar organizations. Experiences in admin support services in a complex and multi projects environment/offices is advantage.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration project based
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/KMO 152 -22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in related professional field e.g. BBA, MBA, BA.
- close Date December 3, 2022
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is slightly over 7,386.During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
The Admin Manager is a member of the WRMOs management team who is responsible to ensure efficient and effective operations of all service function (logistic, IT and administration) in order to ensure smooth running of the projects and units within the Regional Office. S/he will maintain close working relation with project managers of the office and coordinate and delegate tasks in a way to reach optimum and timely delivery of service required.
The Admin Manager will be responsible for number of related tasks, among them, overseeing proper implementation of the SCA’s approved rules, regulation, and procedures; preparing and following up the service unit’s work plan and budget; negotiate and maintain contract for buildings, vehicles etc. S/he is responsible to ensure proper transportation and accommodation of external visitors, guests and staff; maintenance of differ premises related to the WRMO.
- Lead the service unit in the budget preparation, follow up, revisions and to secure accountable practices according to financial regulations.
- Supervise the admin related staff and ensure overall good performance of all service staff in the WRMO.
- Plan his/her duty on daily /weekly basis. Supporting her team members with making plan for their daily, weekly and monthly activities.
- Supervise performance of his/her team members as well as of the temporary or casual labours and advise them for the improvement of their work.
- Ensure safety and security of main office and all other premises of the regional office and to be security focal point for the regional office.
- Keep informed on all security related matters and disseminate to all units and Head of Office for timely and appropriate joint decision/actions.
- Guide and support logistic officer in proper and timely procurement, supply, storage etc. as per the logistic and procurement manual.
- Ensure timely and efficient provision of transport for WRMO as well as field based offices and staff.
- Control attendance and efficient use of staff leave, visitors, vehicles, and staff registration books.
- Ensure proper arrangements of personnel, vehicles, correspondence and other files and keeping them properly
- Ensure and keep track of proper utilization and maintenance of valuable equipment at the office, e.g. copiers, generator.
- Provide proper services and support for arranging meetings, workshops and conferences in the related office.
- Guide the IT officer in proper implementation of the IT manual and use of IT related equipment.
- Assist head of the office in updating him/her with personnel issue e.g. promotion, demotion, any disciplinary action within the team.
- Ensure proper negotiation and rental contract, lease agreement of buildings, vehicle etc. and to control record and updating inventory of the fixed assets at RMO.
- Evaluate the performance of his/her team members for promotions, upgrading and proper and relevant training on yearly basis.
- Give on the job training through coaching and working together with the team member and to suggest specific training needs of his/her team members according to their related work for developments.
- Keep updated with issues related to SCA and the environment where SCA operate.
- Develop good co-operation with SCA units, authorities, institution and other NGOs
- Promote gender equality, non-discrimination with regard to ethnic, political and religious background.
- Promotes good coordination between the service unit and projects and units of the RMO, as well as, with related department and units at KMO.
- Maintain good cooperative relation with the provincial authorities, UN agencies, NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Plan and prepare for updated and regular meetings/information to provincial authorities.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in related professional field e.g. BBA, MBA, BA.
- 3-4 years’ relevant experience, especially within NGOs, UN agencies or similar organizations. Experiences in admin support services in a complex and multi projects environment/offices is advantage.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Computer skill at operator level, especially with MS Office packages.
- Fluency in English and Dari and/or Pashto, both written and spoken
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Supervisory, team worker, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience of planning, reporting and budgeting
Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites within Afghanistan and adjust to SCA
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV to through APPLY below link.
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline is not accepted.
- SCA is committed to ethical standards, a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
- Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.