- Salary Offer Based on NTA Salary Scale - (Grade C/ Step 1-5)
- Years of Experience 5-7 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 1 Year with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference COMAC-4842
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor's Degree
- close Date May 21, 2022
About Conflict Mitigation Assistance for Civilians (COMAC):
Blumont/COMAC provides comprehensive Victims’ Assistance (VA) services to eligible Afghan civilians and families suffering injury or loss because of the protracted conflict in Afghanistan. The program’s VA initiatives focus on Afghan civilians and dependents who have suffered the loss of a household member, physical injury, or lack of economic livelihood because of military and police operations, insurgent and terrorist attacks, IEDs, landmines, unexploded ordnance, cross-border shelling, and other violence resulting from the conflict in Afghanistan. Considering the unfolding and large-scale humanitarian crisis, since 2021, COMAC also provides assistance to civilian IDPs and vulnerable returnees, who have been displaced or forced to migrate since May 2021 due to recent conflicts.
COMAC implements its core mission of aiding civilian victims of conflict through the following modified IRs:
- IR1: Appropriate assistance provided to victims of the conflict by effectively using all available resources.
- IR2: Capacity to respond to victims’ needs improved.
- IR3: Increased awareness of victims’ assistance services.
Blumont is seeking candidates for position of Activity Manger to will be required to work directly with beneficiaries, Afghan service providers, and to administer assistance to families and communities at the local level. Job duties will include but not be limited to the following activities:
Essential Job Functions:
- Work directly with project beneficiaries to assess and investigate incidents, refer beneficiaries to appropriate assistance, and manage the process for direct assistance
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders and counterparts, and potential public or private referral programs operating in the area
- Respond efficiently and effectively to assess beneficiaries/families, and implement assistance packages
- Undertake internal coordination with Senior Government Liaison, M&E staff and Incident Record Coordinator
- Ensure timely and efficient delivery of assistance to beneficiaries through grants, contracts, procurement, and logistics
- Manage to ensure prompt and effective delivery of assistance. Will communicate daily or as often as necessary to ensure coordination and successful implementation of program activities.
- Regional travel to provincial capitals and local districts within the Regional Duty Station is required, including to kinetic areas.
- Verify identities of beneficiary’s registries and documentation, in coordination with other staff.
- Provide permanent assistance on the use of the standardized reporting templates given to duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7 years of experience or masters with 5 years of experience in a similar role or relevant field, such as community development, assistance, or training programs.
- previous experience working with international organizations and/or non-governmental organizations required; previous experience working on USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Previous experience managing grants or supervising staff strongly preferred.
- Good computers skills, particularly with MS-Office Package.
- Professional technical experience matching the mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- Proven experience interacting with government officials in politically sensitive environments
- Fluency in English, Dari and Pashto required: read, write, and fluent conversation
- This will be a Kabul based position with expected travel up to 70%.
Interested applicant are highly encouraged to apply for this position by filling the online application form and upload their cover letters and CVs through the following link:
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Note: Female candidates and People with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply