- Salary Offer As Per NTA Salary Scale
- Years of Experience 5 Years
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One Year Extendable
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference R2487
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor Degree
- close Date November 22, 2022
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health:
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labor Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Accountant Taxation is responsible for assisting the Senior Finance Officer with timely calculation and payment of Tax to Afghan authorities, the Tax Accountant is responsible for safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of MSH and ultimately of the donor against fraud, loss, or misuse. The Accountant Taxation is responsible for ensuring that all transactions related to tax are entered accurately and timely into Quickbooks in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH accounting policies and procedures, and donor requirements. The Accountant Taxation is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s ethical conduct and procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Tax Management and regulatory compliance of tax reporting/returns
- Review tax returns and quarterly/yearly tax projections.
- Ensure the corporate tax liability is minimized within the ambit of the tax laws.
- Understand the financial and operational implications of various tax laws and ensure compliance.
- Implement effective tax planning strategies and ensure full compliance with relevant tax laws.
- Ensure accurate computation of all tax liabilities.
- Ensure complete documentation of relevant supports and proof of tax remittance.
- Monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies.
- Monitor future legislation that impacts taxation and operations, including future risks.
- Provide support in the identification, review and implementation of tax optimization opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate personnel in relevant tax, authorities.
- Timely monitoring and research on relevant taxation trends, legislative changes and relevant economic/fiscal changes.
- Ensure 100% remittance of all tax and statutory obligations.
- Ensure getting a Tax Identification Number (TIN) for newly hired staff.
- Ensure timely payment of Tax and its clearance with the Ministry of Finance
- Monthly reconciliation of Tax GL codes in the QuickBooks system.
- Familiar with Tax policy and forms of Afghanistan
- Preparation of Tax vouchers
- Properly code all transactions.
- Prepare forms for payments of taxes and social security, as required.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Any additional work as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, BBA or equivalent certification from a Business Technical School / ACCA part qualified.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 5 years of work experience as an accountant in a similar work organization. Prior work experience with U. S. Government and non-USG, foundations, or other donors.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Experience in the use of accounting software (Quickbooks preferred).
Good account reconciliation skills, including bank accounts, advance accounts and payroll-related liability accounts.
Demonstrated ability to independently analyze balance sheet and expense account transactions and post required adjusting/allocation journal entries.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel), and word processing.
Understanding of the tenets of cash control and asset management, and must be able to complete timely and accurate account reconciliations.
Excellent written and oral communication skills both in local languages and English. Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff.
Interested candidates should apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.