- Salary Offer according to SCA salary
- Years of Experience At least three years of working experience in finance, preferably two years in the financial report of UN, and EU formats with one of the International NGOs or UN offices.
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration project based
- Contract Type Fixed Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference HRM/KMO 151 -22
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Holder of BBA (in Finance / Accounting) or Faculty of Economy from any relevant institute.
- close Date November 30, 2022
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA):
The Swedish Committee for Afghanistan (SCA) has been working in Afghanistan since 1982, presently managing development Programs concerning Health, Education, Rural Livelihoods and Community Governance, with a total annual budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is slightly over 7,386.During the last 10 years SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming, and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities, and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development. SCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment based on their skills, abilities, and experience without regard to age (18-65 years), ethnicity, religion, marital status, gender, or physical disability.
The accountant will be responsible for the financial reports of the FCDO and some other projects. He/ She should be fully involved in the financial reporting matters of FCDO to donors and will be partly involved in other projects’ financial reports such as EU and UN projects.
- To have internal controls on grants and financial management; and ensure that the contracts, audit, and donors’ requirements are met.
- Responsible for preparing financial reports of the FCDO project according to the donor’s requirements.
- Focal point for FCDO auditors and donors as finance of SCA.
- Checking and reconciliation of the financial reports and the financial documents before submitting them to the related external parties.
- To do communication with the related external parties along with internal and any other donor representatives to solve the problems.
- To be responsible for communication on the financial report & related issues with the projects in RMOs and with donors.
- Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data if needed by the related external or internal parties.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly General Ledger according to donor format
- To be responsible that an adequate and appropriate filing system for documents of original entry is properly maintained
- Maintaining contacts with auditors of the projects.
- Maintaining the documents and filing copies of requested vouchers, data, the backup copy of the contract/agreement, and the supporting documents related to the projects.
- Preparing a copy of vouchers if needed for documentation purposes.
- Scanning the vouchers or any other documents for the related external parties
- To keep track of records of all funding from donors of FCDO projects.
- Provide financial advice by studying the financial report issues; applying financial principles, donor regulation and practices, and developing recommendations.
- Submission of financial reports and financial documents to the donors.
- Maintaining records of accounting policies and procedures of donor requirements against the financial report.
- Preparing the list for miss booking of statistic codes to the budget holders.
- Filing of voucher copies, tax slip sheets, bank statements, or any other documents used for preparing financial reports purpose.
- Compilation of financial reports for the donors
- Maintaining appropriate control over the financial report feedback.
- Participate in meetings and negotiations regarding EU projects.
- Data entry of the EU projects.
- Compilation of partners’ financial reports and submitted them to the EU.
- Cooperate with the direct supervisor in other financial reports such as Swedish-based projects like SIDA when feasible.
- Preparing of the quarterly inventory list for FCDO project.
- Preparing vouchers, tax slips, Bank statements, or any other documents that are related to the financial report for submission purposes to donors.
- Any other tasks assigned by the direct supervisor or line manager.
- Budget vs cost analysis of the program based on need and on regular basis.
- Also informing the related program unit of the projects for any deviation or irregularities revealed during the processing of data for the preparation of financial reports and auditing.
- Cooperating with the program in the process of preparing the new budget for the donor.
- Provide necessary recommendations regarding the budget and cost charging to the budget holder found during the budget vs cost analysis.
- To have field visits to the project office with or without auditors when needed.
- Provide financial advice by studying the financial report issues, applying financial principles, donor regulation and practices, and developing recommendations.
- To enforce the implementation of SCA financial regulation and procedures, and other SCA manuals and donor’s requirements on financial reports as much as possible.
- Provide orientation to the budget holder, field staff, and project partners.
- To facilitate appropriate training for relevant staff members of projects in KMO for the auditor’s and donors’ requirements.
- Participating in educational opportunities.
- Feedback to KMO senior accountants, budget holders, to field staff, and project partners regarding the project on a regular basis or based on need.
- Holder of BBA (in Finance / Accounting) or Faculty of Economy from any relevant institute.
- At least three years of working experience in finance, preferably two years in the financial report of UN, and EU formats with one of the International NGOs or UN offices.
- Take responsibility for your own work and honestly seek to achieve organizational and personal objectives. Must have good communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be a self-starter and have good communication and problem-solving skills
- To be good at speaking, reading, and writing in English and Dari or Pashto languages
- Skilled in the use of computers and various packages of accounting, preferably in MS Excel.
- To be very good in excel functions related to reporting reconciliation with account schedules, Face reports, EU templates, and BPHS formats.
- To be good in arithmetic and calculation.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your application / CV through APPLY below link.
- Academic certificates or references need not be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for an interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a written test and/or interview.
- Applications after the given deadline are not accepted.
- SCA is committed to ethical standards and a safe and inclusive work environment. Our work is based on our values: Responsiveness, Equality, Impartiality, Social Justice, and Integrity.
- Background and reference checks are part of the recruitment process and will be conducted for the successful candidate.