- Salary Offer As per the salary scale
- Address Kandahar
- Years of Experience 3 years’ experience in working with INGOs with relevant community development/training and capacity building focus;
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration 5 months with possibility of extension
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference 575-2022
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social science, international development, or a related field;
- close Date August 11, 2022
INTERSOS is an Italian non-profit humanitarian aid organization that works to bring assistance to people in danger, victims of natural disasters and armed conflicts. Established in 1992, its actions are based on the values of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equal rights and opportunities for all people and respect for diversity and coexistence, paying particular attention to the most vulnerable and the unprotected. INTERSOS is an independent association which, through its own humanitarian operators, intervenes to effectively answer the needs of people in serious crises situations, mainly in the world’s poorest regions, who are suffering, deprived of rights, dignity and essentials goods. It maintains a flexible operating structure.
- Support the design of the accountability logframe for the projects. The Logframe and other accountability tools should be designed in Dari, Pashto and English language.
- Ensure accountability plans are developed and well-coordinated with project staff and technical advisors;
- Ensure key information (INTERSOS Code of Conduct, INTERSOS accountability mechanisms in place, external accountability mechanisms such as Awaaz) reach beneficiaries using a number of methods such as: leaflets, posters, orientation and group discussions with community representatives and members, hotline;
- Develop and roll out effective community-based complaint and response mechanisms in collaboration with Programme Staff, such as: hotline, complaint box, etc.;
- Conduct regular meetings with beneficiaries and local stakeholder on a structured basis including: focus groups discussions; household interviews; key informant interviews;
- Direct management of the complaint mechanism in place, in respect of the confidentiality of the information received;
- Take action on the complaints received, such as providing the requested information, or referring the case to the relevant staff responsible to address it (depending on the nature of the request or complaint);
- Manage the dedicated INTERSOS Accountability Platform, to track the status of each case and ensure that follow-ups are being made, and strive to increase levels of beneficiary satisfaction with the follow-ups provided by INTERSOS;
- Provide regular quantitative and qualitative accountability reports, in coordination with the M&Es officers and Programme;
- Foster participatory planning and implementation of accountability activities involving community members, partners and other primary groups in accountability activities;
- Work closely with program teams to ensure all feedback is incorporated into approaches and future programs, where possible;
- Support the preparation of periodical internal and external reports to ensure they are in line with the accountability mechanism;
- Compile monthly accountability reports and file all accountability and feedback materials.
- Plan and conduct training for INTERSOS staff on accountability, to support and ensure quality implementation of accountability mechanisms;
- Provide translation of the key accountability INTERSOS documents;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social science, international development, or a related field;
- 3 years’ experience in working with INGOs with relevant community development/training and capacity building focus;
- Experience in training, community consultation, and systems development;
- Understanding and familiarity with data management;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Packages, and in particular Excel and Word;
- Hands-on experience of monitoring and supporting community-based development programmes;
- Excellent report writing, communication (written and verbal) skills, and strong IT skills;
- Experience in facilitating focus group discussions with local communities and reporting.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills;
- Excellent written and spoken Pashto and Dari;
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Availability to overnight for one or more night, escorted by family Maharam (if needed), in the INTERSOS field bases.
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Able to ensure quick quality delivery in stressful environment
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Very strong interpersonal skills: strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Commitment to INTERSOS principles.
- Comply with all relevant INTERSOS policies and procedures.
please submit your applications by filling the INTERSOS Standard Job application form (https://www.acbar.org/applicationform) along with an updated CV and Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or can send the hard copy of the applications to any of the INTERSOS offices. Please note that applying without filling job application form may result in disqualifying the applications to review for shortlisting
Please indicate the position title, Vacancy Number, and Location in the Subject Line of your email otherwise your application will not be considered.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted with and called for a test/Interview.
Qualified People with Physical Disabilities and Female candidate are highly encouraged to apply.