- Salary Offer Based on WASSA's salary scale
- Address Herat Districts
- Years of Experience At least 2 - 3 years’ work experience in M&E/ MEAL sector with NGOs and INGOs
- Number of Vacancies: 1
- Contract Duration One year (with possibility of extension)
- Contract Type Long Term
- Required Languages Dari, Pashto, English
- Reference W-HRT-132
- Gender Male/Female
- Nationality Afghan
- Possibility of Contract Extension Yes
- Probation Period 3 Months
- Education Bachelor’s degree (Economics, Management, and Social Sciences).
- close Date September 28, 2022
About Women Activities & Social Services Association (WASSA):
The Women’s Activities and Social Services Association (WASSA) was established in 2002 as Afghanistan’s first women’s independent organization. WASSA aims to promote the women’s equal participation in socio-economic sectors and support the current humanitarian crisis by providing emergency humanitarian and livelihood assistance to vulnerable households, especially women.
To support WASSA’s vision and mission, some potential candidates are needed to be recruited for a project funded by UN Women to strengthen women’s livelihoods through increased access to skills and resources. The project will be implemented in three districts of Herat Province for a period of 15 months.
The Accountability Assistant contributes to improving the quality of WASSA programming through the accurate registration and timely follow-up of any complaints about WASSA’s activities/staff and also contributes to the development of appropriate messaging and communication strategies. The Accountability Assistant is the first point of contact for beneficiaries who need to raise complaints.
- General objective
- The Accountability Assistant contributes to improving the quality of WASSA programming through the accurate registration and timely follow-up of any complaints about WASSA’s activities/staff and also contributes to the development of appropriate messaging and communication strategies. The Accountability Assistant is the first point of contact for beneficiaries who need to raise complaints. As such, the Accountability Assistant will need to be neutral and establish mechanisms that are based on the highest integrity which beneficiaries will trust.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM)
Establishment and Promotion of the CRM
- Establish, implement and monitor the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) for the country mission in line with WASSA standard beneficiary CRM procedures;
- Build capacity and understanding among WASSA staff, partners and contractors on beneficiary accountability and CRM;
- Accompany the MEAL and/or project teams to the field in order to spread awareness about the CRM to beneficiaries, as well as local authorities and stakeholders in WASSA’s areas of implementation, during field visits;
- Develop CRM IEC materials in a language that can be widely understood (including people with low levels of literacy);
- Regularly assess effectiveness of all information-sharing efforts and incorporate findings into revised approaches;
- Maintain records of CRM awareness raising and promotion activities (including approximate numbers of participants) and submit to Project Managers as required;
Implementation of the CRM
- Ensure the effective functioning of the beneficiary CRM and that beneficiary complaints/feedback is adequately captured, analyzed, addressed and responded to in a timely manner and utilized by the program and coordination teams;
- Receive complaints through telephone hotline, in writing and in person;
- Follow up on complaints received by other WASSA staff with the same diligence as complaints received through the CRM directly;
- Treat urgent and/or sensitive complaints with the immediate attention they require, and ensure a fast resolution;
- Maintain confidential and detailed records of all complaints in the CRM database and other electronic and hard copy filing systems, as appropriate;
- Respond to complaints objectively, accurately, and in line with WASSA guidelines, using the information provided by Project Managers, accountability officer /Monitors, Area Coordinators, Technical Coordinators, project documents, and procedures, etc;
- Follow up on pending complaints with accountability officer, and Coordination staff;
- Analyze patterns and trends in complaints to help WASSA improve its programming;
- Adapt and improve the CRM based on monitoring of its effectiveness.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Assist project and MEAL teams with other activities, as requested by the immediate supervisor;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- At least bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in monitoring and evaluation/social sciences/data science, and/or other relevant fields;
- At least 2 – 3 years’ work experience in M&E/ MEAL sector with NGOs and INGOs
- 1-2 years’ experience in social and community engagement activities, at the levels of project implementation and/or monitoring;
- Demonstrated understanding of direct monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning experience, specifically in the humanitarian and development context and including managing large datasets under time pressure;
- Very good understanding of theory and practice in humanitarian protection, safeguarding and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse;
- Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for, and building the capacity of others in skills related to beneficiary accountability mechanisms at NGOs;
- Knowledge of international standards related to accountability to affected populations (AAP) and, in particular, Complaint and Response Mechanism (CRM) best practices;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel);
- Skills of designing accountability strategy, accountability plans, and accountability tools;
- Fluency in English, Dari, and Pashtu is required.
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
- To apply online please send your CV along with cover letter mentioning the vacancy number (W-HRT-132) in the subject line before VA closing date to email email@example.com
- Academic certificates or references not need to be submitted at this time. These will be requested if called for interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.