- Language Requirement: Not required
- Gender: MaleFemale
- Level: MasterPH.D
- Eligible Region/Countries: Open for all
- Medium of Instruction: English Russian
- Funding Type: Partially Funded
The Association «Global Universities» offers the Open Doors Russian Scholarship for International Students in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. The scholarship is offered based on competition for master’s and PhD studies.
The competition is aimed toward aspiring master’s and doctoral candidates and allows winners and runners-up to study at any Russian university (including top-tier Russian universities) with tuition fees covered by the state, which translates to a 100% tuition discount plus a government scholarship at one of the top-tier Russian universities participating in the 5-100 project, which aims to strengthen their positions on the global research and education market with 21 Nobel Prize winners.
- Study Level: Master’s and PhD
- Eligible Countries: Open for all
- Number of Scholarship: 300+
- Deadline: December 10, 2022
The Olympiad is open to students from any nation, as well as nationals who live abroad permanently and those who are stateless. Participants in the master’s track must hold a bachelor’s or specialist’s degree in 2023, or be close to completing one. A master’s or a specialist’s degree is required for participation in the doctoral track.
You must also pass a brief test in each of your chosen subject areas in order to participate. It is intended to provide a preliminary assessment of your level of knowledge and acquaint you with the interface of the Olympiad. You won’t be able to begin building your portfolio or take part in the Olympiad if you fail this test three times.
There are two rounds that are conducted online for both the master’s and doctoral tracks.
It’s a portfolio competition in the first round. After the portfolios have been evaluated, those who have been chosen successfully are invited to participate in the Olympiad itself, which consists of a series of proctored online tests.
The doctoral track has a third round in addition to those two, which consists of online interviews with up to three prospective research advisors of the participant’s choosing. The participant selects one research advisor from among those who gave them a pass if any of the interviews go well.
Fields of Study:
- Biology & Biotechnology
- Computer & Data Science
- Mathematics & Artificial Intelligence
- Business & Management
- Politics & International Relations
- Neuroscience & Psychology
- Physical Sciences
- Linguistics & Modern Languages
- Chemistry & Materials Science
- Economics & Econometrics
- Engineering & Technology
- Clinical Medicine & Public Health
- Earth Sciences
Benefits of Open Door Russian Scholarship
- Scholarship Award: Winners will get the chance to study at any Russian University
- Tuition Fees is covered by the state: a tuition discount of 100% plus a government scholarship and monthly stipend
- You will only be responsible for your travel and lodging expenses, insurance, and personal expenses.
- All foreign residents and compatriots who are permanently residing abroad are eligible to participate.
- Participants must have a bachelor’s degree (or a five-year specialist’s degree) or be completing the required degree program by 2023 to be eligible.
- Study Languages: Participants can choose to participate in Russian or English.
How to apply for Open Doors Russian Scholarship?
Apply online through the link below.
From September 15, 2022, to December 10, 2022, registration is open. Previous accounts have been deleted, so if you were a participant in the previous year’s competition and want to try again, you must register again and fill out the portfolio
Please be aware that receiving both scholarships is not possible; if you apply and are selected as a winner by Open Doors and Rossotrudnichestvo, you must choose just one.
- Motivational Letter
- Education level proof
- Official Transcripts
- Last or current year’s statement of marks
Note: Scan of your grade sheet or other documents confirming your level of education. In this case you’ll have to provide the degree later, when getting admitted in the university. All other document that you can upload are optional. But their presence might boost the maximum score you’ll be able to get after stage 1.
- Master’s track: February 10, 2023
- Doctoral track (analogous to PhD): March 14, 2023
For further information about Open Doors Russian Scholarship, please refer to the official website.