- Language Requirement: Not required
- Gender: MaleFemale
- Level: Research
- Eligible Region/Countries: International
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Opportunity ID: 58794
The Turkish government launched the Turkey Scholarships (Türkiye Burslar) government scholarship program in 2012. The Turkish government offers scholarships to international students from Afghanistan and other nations to recognize and support students’ potential worldwide. The DAFI scholarship program enables qualified candidates to continue their research at the best institutions in Turkey.
Organized by: Turkiye Scholarships
In collaboration with UNHCR Turkey, DAFI
Application start date: 5 September 2022
Application end date (Deadline): 29 September 2022
- Offers department and university placements, unlike other higher education funding programs.
- The cost of tuition.
- Permits you to study the national tongue with a one-year Turkish language course.
- Your academic research now has a broader variety of resources, which makes life more enjoyable.
- Furnishes housing for students traveling to a new nation.
- Supports you on your trip to Turkey and pays for your one-time travel ticket when you return home at the end of your study stay.
- Permits you to benefit from widely available healthcare services as necessary fully.
- Those with a Ph.D. or pursuing a Ph.D. who are not Turkish nationals may apply for a Research Fellowship.
- Candidates must have finished their Ph.D. program or be working on their dissertation.
- Candidates must also possess an official Acceptance / Invitation Letter for research from a Turkish university. (Researchers should speak with each university directly to request an acceptance or invitation letter.)
- Being younger than 45 at the time of application (preferably).
- Being a Ph.D. student, enrolled in a doctorate program at a foreign university, and in the dissertation phase
- A Ph.D. certificate for Ph.D. holders.
- Confirm the linguistic skills necessary for the research.
- If personal information is gathered via techniques like an experiment, survey, focus group, or practice, it must have an “Ethics Committee Approval Certificate” from the university’s ethics committee.
- If research on historical monuments and archaeological sites is to be conducted using secret information, documents from institutions and organizations, and a “Legal Permit” obtained from a relevant governmental authority.
Competition for scholarships is high, and only a portion of the qualified candidates meeting the criteria will be admitted to the program. The selection process usually involves several steps:
- The Following submission of the complete application form and material, suitable candidates are shortlisted and invited to interview.
- Interviews are conducted in person by a Selection Committee, usually consisting of UNHCR staff, education sector partners, staff of universities or other academic institutions, and Ministry of Education or other government officials.
- Based on the interview performance and application materials, the Selection Committee identifies scholarship recipients according to the number of DAFI scholarships available in the respective country.
- Successful applicants are notified and begin enrolment processes.
- Before starting your application, ensure you have all the necessary information and documentation. The specified documents must be scanned legibly, be in one of the following file types: pdf, jpeg, png, or gif, and not exceed 5 MB apiece.
Diploma or Student Certificate
- A transcript attesting to your prior education or a current student certificate demonstrating that you are currently enrolled in classes at the level of the scholarship you are asking for,
- A record of the classes and grades you earned at your previous educational level by the scholarship application you are making;
- for college-level applications, a course and grade breakdown for the final three years of high school should be supplied.
- Doctoral applicants’ transcripts must be confirmed in either English or Turkish or translated into these languages.
- The official documents your country’s government issued identify you, such as an identification card, passport, driver’s license, birth certificate, etc.
- Uploading a passport as identity proof is highly advised.
- A recent passport photo with your face taken within the last six months.
- You have passed national or international academic competence tests, such as the GRE or SAT.
Language Proficiency Documents
- Foreign language competence certificates, such as the TOEFL/IBT, DELF/DALF, Turkish Proficiency Certificate, etc.
- proof of previous or current employment
- Reference Letter,
- Certificates and Certificates of Achievement
How can I apply for the DAFI Scholarship Program?
Read the requirements carefully, and if you think you qualify for the program, complete the steps listed below:
- Creating a personal account on the Turkiye Scholarships application portal.
- Upload all necessary documents, and it will help if you also list your extracurricular activities and professional accomplishments.
- List the programs and schools you would most like to attend.
- Compose a genuine letter of purpose outlining your preferences, expectations, and future aspirations.
- Accept your application after evaluating all the steps and supporting materials.
- To create your account to access the application for DAFI scholarships, use the Apply Now button below.
To learn more, visit the official website.