- Language Requirement: Not required
- Gender: MaleFemale
- Eligible Region/Countries: International
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Opportunity ID: 58122
Students in the first or second year of an authorized full-time degree program in computer science or closely related technical subjects, with an expected graduation date between 2025 and 2027, are eligible to apply for this internship. Students that are underrepresented in the engineering and IT fields are especially encouraged to apply. Google invites students who graduate in 2023 or 2024 to apply for the software engineering or site reliability internship.
Google is committed to boosting the number of aspiring software engineers and computer scientists, especially those historically underrepresented in the industry. An initiative that bridges the gap between academic education and a practical internship would be helpful to many aspiring computer scientists. The Student Training in Engineering Program (STEP) was created to that end. Students get the chance to collaborate on a software project with another STEP intern over the 12-week program with the help of mentors and full-time Google employees. To improve your technical and professional abilities, you will also attend training.
Organized by: Google
Submission start date: 19 September 2022
Deadline: Not specified
Eligible Countries: International
- Now enrolled in the first or second year of a bachelor’s program in computer science or a technical subject that is related.
- Programming knowledge in Python, C++, or Java.
- Available for a 12-week full-time internship between 19 June and 8 September 2023 or 26 June and 15 September 2023.
- After finishing the internship in the summer of 2023, enroll in a Bachelor’s degree program full-time for a minimum of two years.
- Outside of your university courses, programming experience.
- Interest in and aptitude for learning additional coding languages as required.
- Fluency in both speaking and writing English.
Note: English fluency is necessary for all employees at Google since it is a worldwide organization and helps promote practical cooperation and communication on a global scale.
- Use the skills you’ve learned in computer science classes to tackle real-world problems.
- Collaborate with a group of Googlers and other STEP interns to complete a difficult technical assignment.
- By employing tools and computer languages, you may improve your coding.
- Attend training classes to advance your career and improve your chances of success.
- A Google engineer will be paired with you to serve as your mentor during the internship.
How to Apply?
The application for this internship is yet to be opened on September 19.
Follow the instructions below to apply for this role:
- Create your account with Google
- Fill out your personal information
- Upload your resume and cover letter
- Under the “Resume” “section, provide a current CV or resume. A cover letter is optional.
- Fill out the fields in the “Higher education” section appropriately, then choose “Now attending” under “Degree status.”. “Next, post a recent or current English unofficial or official transcript.
- Hit the apply button on the Google Career website
Note: You will have the chance to share your desired working location from the list below when you apply for this position: London and Dublin, both in Europe.
For more information, visit the Google Career website.