Opportunity Detail of KFUPM Master & PhD scholarship – Saudi Arabia
- Language Requirement: TOEFL /IELTS
- Gender: MaleFemale
- Level: MasterPH.D
- Eligible Region/Countries: Open for all
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Funding Type: Fully Funded
The Deanship of Graduate Studies at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals has offered fully-funded Master and PhD scholarships for outstanding applicants who demonstrate high potential for conducting original research in the field of Engineering, Science and Business. Application for this scholarship is open twice a year.
For All Regular Graduate Programs except MBA
Spring Semester (January 2023):
- Opening Online Application: August 15, 2022
- Last Day for Submitting Online application and uploading Documents: September 4, 2022
- Last Day for Submitting Online Recommendation: September 11, 2022
- Last Day for announcement of application results: October 9, 2022
Check more deadlines here
Applicants applying through this KFUPM Master & PhD scholarship – Saudi Arabia will benefit the innovative research collaboration with the following institutes:
- Stanford: Oil, Gas, and Geosciences.
- MIT: Clean Water and Clean Energy.
- Technical University of Munich: Refining & Petrochemicals.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech): Petrochemicals and Polymers.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech): Geo-signal Processing and Smart Grids.
- Cambridge University: Oil & Gas.
- KAUST: Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences.
- National University of Singapore: Refining and Petrochemicals
- SABIC (one of the leading petrochemical companies worldwide): Refining, Petrochemical, and Polymers.
- Saudi Aramco (the largest oil company worldwide): Many research disciplines.
- In addition to many world-class universities and industries in different research fields.
Research Excellence Areas & Centers at KFUPM:
KFUPM has established National Centers for Research Excellence in the following areas to provide exceptional support for research in areas of excellence:
- KFUPM-MIT Collaboration Center on Clean Water & Clean Energy.
- Renewable Energy.
- Refining and Petrochemicals.
- Transformative Research in Petrochemicals and Polymers.
- Supply Chain Management.
- Carbon Capture & Sequestration.
Fields of study:
- Aerospace Engineering M.Sc.
- Applied Statistics M.Sc.
- Architectural Engineering M.Sc.
- Business Administration M.B.A.
- Chemical Engineering Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Chemistry Ph.D., M.Sc.
- City & Regional Planning M.C.R.P.
- Civil & Environmental Engineering Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Computer Engineering -Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Computer Networks- M.Sc.
- Computer Science -Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Construction Engineering & Management- M.Sc.
- Electrical Engineering- Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Environmental Sciences- M.Sc.
- Geology – Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Geophysics- M.Sc.
- Industrial & Systems Engineering – Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Information Assurance & Security – M.Sc.
- Life Sciences M.Sc.
- Materials Science & Engineering- M.Sc.
- Mathematical Sciences Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Mechanical Engineering Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Petroleum Engineering Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Physics Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Software Engineering M.Sc.
- Systems & Control Engineering Ph.D., M.Sc.
- Telecommunication Engineering M.Sc
How to apply?
Applicants should prepare the required documents and apply online.
- Official transcript and diploma for Bachelor (and Master degree if applying to PhD)
- Statement of Purpose (one-page essay focusing on career and research goals at KFUPM)
- Letters of recommendation from academic referees (to be submitted online after submitting online application)
- Certificates for BS degree (& MS degree if applying to PhD) if degrees granted.
- GMAT score (for International MBA applicants)
Supporting documents (required for a final decision)
- TOEFL iBT 68 for Master’s degree and 79 for PhD, or IELTS 6 for master degree and 6.5 for PhD
- GRE general min. Quantitative 156, analytical writing 4.
- Original/certified copies of degree certificates and transcripts must be sent through postal mail after approval.
For more details, please visit the King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) Click on website.