- Language RequirementTOEFLIELTS
- Eligible Region/CountriesAll
- Medium of InstructionEnglish
- Field of studyMBA
- Opportunity ID76170
- Funding TypePartially Funded
Applications are open to international students for the Alberta School of Business MBA Scholarships 2024. The Alberta School of Business MBA program welcomes outstanding individuals from diverse backgrounds. Candidates with a track record of strong leadership, distinctive life experiences, relevant work history, and the drive and motivation to shine in academic and professional activities are highly suitable for the Alberta MBA. The program also requires excellent English communication proficiency and effective time-management skills for success.
The Alberta MBA Program admission is competitive, focusing on identifying motivated, intelligent, and articulate individuals who uphold a strong standard of personal ethics. The admission process doesn’t follow a decision-making formula; each candidate is assessed individually to determine the compatibility between the applicant and the program.
Provided by: Alberta School of Business
Host Country: Canada
Study Level: Master
Fellowship Language: English
- For International Students: March 1, 2024
- For Domestic Students: May 1, 2024
- For Executive MBA: May 1, 2024
Fellowship Duration: N/A
Eligible Countries: International
Benefits of the Alberta School of Business MBA Scholarships
The Alberta MBA program ensures that academically strong students and those facing financial challenges receive the necessary support. Most full-time MBA students admitted to the program are recipients of financial assistance.
Entrance Awards: All students accepted into the Alberta MBA program are automatically considered for entrance awards, which are determined based on MBA admission criteria. No separate application is required for entrance award consideration; these awards can range in value up to $15,000.
Scholarships: Scholarships, distinct from entrance awards, are typically granted to students during the MBA program. Each scholarship has specific criteria, but they generally aim to acknowledge academic and extracurricular excellence. Students will be directly contacted for submission if an application is necassry for a particular scholarship.
Bursaries: MBA Differential Bursaries, a form of financial support, are accessible to students based on residential status and demonstrated financial need. These bursaries are commonly awarded to incoming MBA students, with supplementary MBA-specific bursaries available throughout the program. Besides those offered by the School of Business, MBA students can apply for university-wide additional bursaries funded by private donors and the University of Alberta.
The Alberta MBA demands high scholastic aptitude, excellent English communication skills, and effective time-management abilities for success in its intensive program. Admission is highly selective, seeking motivated, articulate individuals with strong personal ethics. The evaluation process is individualized, focusing on compatibility between the applicant and the program. Applicants should meet the following admission criteria:
- Applicants should provide a four-year bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0 over their last two years or 60 credits of study.
- Considerable weight goes to professional experience and early career achievements. Applicants must have at least two years of full-time post-undergraduate work experience. The average work experience of Alberta MBA students is five years.
- Mandatory for all applicants, the GMAT assesses verbal, quantitative, analytical writing, and integrative reasoning skills, serving as a reliable forecaster of academic success in the MBA program. Aim for a minimum score of 550; reviewing materials before taking the test is advisable. Our GMAT institution code is 87G-MT-78.
- English language proficiency with the following minimum scores are necessary:
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test)
- TOEFL 100 (iBT test)
- IELTS (Academic): Overall score of 7.0, at least 6.0 on each band
- PTE (Academic): Overall 68 score
- CAEL: Overall 60, with a minimum of 60 on each subtest
- Successful applicants should pass the interview
- Meet any additional admission criteria
Attachments to download and submit for your application:
- Recognized undergraduate degree with a GPA of at least 3.0
- GMAT or GRE score
- English Language Proficiency for Non-native English speakers
- Professional work experience
- Statement of Intent letter
- Two letters of reference
- Admissions interviews
How to Apply?
Prospective applicants must submit their applications online via the Faculty of Graduate Studies website. The $135 application fee can be paid online. When completing the online application, select “MBA (CRSE)” as our standard MBA program.
All supporting documents can be directly uploaded into the online application system. Following your official letter of admission, submission of official academic documents is required.
The Faculty of Graduate Studies & Research (FGSR) is crucial in granting final admissions approval for all University of Alberta graduate students. Key points in the admission process and the distinct roles of the Business Master’s Programs Office and FGSR include:
- Following the final admissions interview, the Master’s Programs Office Admissions Committee will communicate the admission decision.
- If accepted, the Master’s Programs Office will request formal admission from FGSR on your behalf.
- Our office will contact you if any documents are missing or outstanding.
- Deciding on FGSR may take up to four weeks, so consider this timeframe in your application.
- Upon FGSR approval, applicants should upload an admission letter on the online application portal.
- Subsequently, you will receive an admission letter via email from the Master’s Programs Office with more specific program details.
Please enter the University of Alberta website for detailed information about the Alberta School of Business MBA Scholarships.