- Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSHSK ( Chines )
- Gender MaleFemale
- Eligible Region/Countries All
- Medium of Instruction EnglishChinese
- Field of study Several
- Funding Type Fully Funded
- Duration 3-4 Years
Applications are now open for the Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS Category Type-B) at the University of Donghua. The CGS scholarship is for worldwide candidates with outstanding academic backgrounds, professional abilities, and future development potential. Recipients of the CGS can pursue their master’s or doctoral degrees in a Chinese university in 2023.
Furthermore, this fully-funded, merit-based Scholarship is available for three years for a master’s degree and four years for a doctoral degree student. The application deadline for CGS is 28th February 2023.
Scholarship Application Deadline: 28th February 2023
Admission Application: 01st December 2022 – 28th February 2023
Application Period for Candidates Pass the University Review: 15th February – 15th March 2023
Institution’s Recommendation: 20th March – 30th March 2023
Expert Review: April-June 2023
Final Admission Results: July-August 2023
Freshmen Enrolment: End of August – Beginning of September 2023
Host Organization: University of Donghua
Duration: 3 years master’s degree, four years doctoral degree
Degree level: Master’s and Ph.D.
Eligible Country: All
Benefits of Chinese Government Scholarship
The Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS Category Type-B) at the University of Donghua covers the following items:
- Free tuition
- On-campus dorm fee
- Comprehensive medical insurance fee
- Monthly stipend of RMB 3,000 per month for a master’s student and RMB 3,500 per month for a doctoral student
All applicants who wish to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship should meet the following requirements:
- Students must be a non-Chinese citizen;
- Be physically and mentally healthy;
- Having a particular financial capability;
- Have no criminal record;
- Master’s scholarship applicants should not be more than 35 years old, and self-funded applicants must not be more than 40 years old at the time of application;
- Doctorate scholarship applicants should not be more than 40 years old, and self-funded applicants must not be more than 45 years old at the time of application;
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent;
- Hold a master’s degree or its international equivalent;
- Applicants of the Chinese-taught programs should prove the Chinese proficiency equivalent to at least HSK Level 5 (180 scores). Also, for English-taught programs, the applicant’s English proficiency must be equal to IELTS Academic 6.0 or TOEFL IBT 80.
Required Documents for the Chinese Government Scholarship
Qualified applicants who wish to apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship 2023 intake must prepare and submit the required documents following the instructions:
- Upload the scanned pieces of the original documents; except for the ID photo, submit the coloured scan in PDF format.
- Non-Chinese or English language documents must include notarized Chinese or English translations uploaded together with the original ones.
- Upload photos of the artwork.
- Complete the online application and pay a non-refundable application fee before the deadline.
- Remember that application materials and application fees are not returnable.
Documents to Upload
Applicants must submit these required documents before submitting their applications:
- A clear copy of the passport’s information page with six months validity:
- All passport visa pages showing you have been or currently living in China are necessary.
- A clear copy of the bachelor’s diploma, certificate of graduation, and the transcripts of all grades/semesters from a bachelor’s degree:
- Final-year students can submit a pending certificate and transcripts of all grades/semesters they have completed. The documents must be with the school or the government’s official seal and signature. Also, the transcripts must contain grading scales.
- Chinese-taught programs: HSK 5 Certificate with at least 180 score:
- Students whose entire Bachelor’s degree was in the Chinese language don’t need to submit HSK Certificate.
- English-taught programs: Certificate of IELTS Academic at least 6.0, or TOEFL IBT at least 80:
- Students whose entire Bachelor’s degree was in English don’t need to submit IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
- Curriculum Vitae/ CV including:
- Applicant’s personal information, contact details, academic history, professional experience, publications and presentations, qualifications and skills, awards and honors, grants and scholarships, licenses and certificates, etc.
- Research Proposal in the essay format written in the teaching language of the program applicant intends to apply. The proposal’s one to two pages must articulate concisely and coherently the followings:
- An outline of the applicant’s research topic
- Why is this research necessary?
- What does the applicant want to achieve during his master’s study?
- How s/he plans to achieve it?
- Two English or Chinese recommendation letters written by:
- Two people familiar with the applicant’s competencies, personal character, and accomplishments. Moreover, the letters should include referees’ names, signatures, and contact details, especially email addresses.
- One of the letters must be from a past or current professor or academic adviser, while the second can be from someone in a slightly different role, including an employer, a senior colleague, a professor from another department, or a research adviser.
- Supervision Confirmation Letter, click here to know more details.
- Certificate of No Criminal Conviction or Police Clearance Certificate issued within six months by the local public security authority.
- Statement of Financial Support:
- Download the form from here
- Fill in the blanks, and both the applicant and the sponsor should sign it.
How to Apply for the CGS (Chinese Government Scholarship)?
All applicants should submit an online application by following the instructions:
- Register at DHU’s online application system by entering the link below, filling in the blanks, and uploading all the application materials.
- Candidates who pass the University’s review will receive the Pre-admission Letter through the University’s official email:
- Log in to the CGS information system by entering the link below (Category Type-B, Agency number 10255)
- Upload the required application materials
- After completing the submission, inform the University of Donghua of the serial number of the CGS scholarship application form.
4. The University will select, publicize and recommend excellent postgraduate scholarship candidates to the China Scholarship Council (CSC).
5. CSC experts review the candidates’ academic performance, development potential, total capacities, etc.
6. The University will announce the final admission results decided by CSC.
7. In this step, the scholarship recipients apply for a student visa and depart to Donghua University to complete the registration procedures for freshmen enrolment within the time specified by the University.
Check More Opportunities
For further information about the Scholarship, please visit the University of Donghua’s official website. Click the links below to find the essential documents: