- Gender MaleFemale
- Level Master
- Number of Opportunity: 12
- Eligible Region/Countries Developing countries (Afghanistan Included)
- Medium of Instruction English
- Field of study Energy
- Funding Type Partially Funded
- Duration 1 Year
Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) applications are open for the Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship program. The program encourages thinkers and innovators to create a sustainable future benefiting from the ESED Scholarship in sustainable energy development.
ESED Scholarship awards approximately 12 students annually with up to 10,000 USD annually, which is extendable for the following year. Applicants can pursue their Master’s-level students.
- Application Deadline: 07 April 2023 (02:30 pm AFT)
- Application Status: Open
- Application Status: End of May
- Host Organization: Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership
- Location: Developing Countries
- Gender: Male/Female
- Funding Type: Partially-funded
- Number of Positions: 12
- Degree Level: Master
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries (Afghanistan Included)
- Program Duration: 1 up to 2 Years
- Language Required: English
- Field of Study: Sustainable Energy
Successful applicants will benefit from a total of 10,000 USD for their first year, which is extendable for the next year of their study. The Scholarship is tenable at any university worldwide but GSEP encourages students to pursue studies in universities based in developing countries.
All applicants must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Start a master’s degree program in a field related to sustainable energy development, including zero-carbon energy, electric transportation, smart grids, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, economics, public policy, law, political science, etc.
- Pursue at least one full school year of full-time studies as of mid to late 2023;
- Hold the nationality of a developing country identified by the Development Co-operation Directorate of the OECD;
- Make commitment to contribute to their country’s development after their studies;
- Must be:
- In the top 20% of their class;
- Committed to zero-carbon energy development;
- Demonstrate community involvement activities;
- Determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
Before starting an application, prepare all of the required documents below:
- Scan of a valid passport or birth certificate;
- Letter of admission to the chosen master’s program;
- Course outline of the master’s program (PDF or link);
- Recent university transcript;
- Two reference letters: One from a faculty member or professor at the applicant’s current or previous university familiar with the candidate’s academic abilities by completing the Academic Reference Form; The second reference can be from a second academic referee or a personal reference letter.
Note: All documents should be in English. Not English papers must have both the original document and a certified translation.
How to Apply?
Applicants should fill in the online form by entering the link below. Please follow the steps below:
- Prepare all the required documents;
- Create an account to access the online form;
- Fill in the application form and upload the materials;
- Submit your application.